Why no lyrics?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iLunar, Sep 7, 2007.

1. iLunar macrumors 6502

iLunar

Just curious as to why the iPhone can't display lyrics. Is it a technical limitation or an interface limitation? Or do you think they are working on a better way to get lyrics into iTunes and thus waited?

I really do miss this feature, and I hope Apple includes it in a future update.

2. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

You could always use safari and hit up leoslyrics.com while listening to the iPod. I know, it's not the same, but it seems like a great app is just waiting to be written. Anyone?

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Possibly neither. It might be a rights limitation as the publishing rights for lyrics can often lie with different or more than just one publisher than the music companies... however, Gracenote seem to be doing something to tie things together and since iTunes is integrated with Gracenote, we might see something in the future.

http://www.bmi.com/news/entry/334905

I think it's a money and copyright thing and they're probably going through interminable rounds of negotiations at the mo.

4. DJFriar macrumors newbie

That argument would make some sense if the other iPods didn't support lyrics either, but they do (I dunno if the brand new ones do, I don't own one. But the previous generation Nano and Video both displayed lyrics).