Why no option for Reservation to pickup in store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Renho, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Renho macrumors 6502a

Renho

i have always made a reservation for 8am to be one of the first to pickup a phone on launch day. This pre order it gave me no option to reserve an in store pickup on launch for ATT Next plan....Why the hell is that? Anybody else get a reservation or stay up for no reason.....

2. Cscottrun macrumors 6502

I ordered mine for instore pickup on Sept. 16th. Black 32gb 7+ AT&T.

3. Dick Whitman macrumors 6502

Dick Whitman

Also, what's the $20 one-time upgrade fee about? Can't I just switch the SIM card from my iPhone 6 to 7? Will any of this affect my grandfathered unlimited data plan?

4. Joe Rossignol Editor

Joe Rossignol

Staff Member

Not sure if this buried the U.S. link this year or not, but we found it: https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_US/reserve/iPhone/availability?channel=1

Unfortunately reservations are now closed until September 17.

5. foxconn Suspended

sure you can, it's a money grab.

6. mlovergaard macrumors 6502

mlovergaard

I just ordered a 128 iPhone 7 Black for pickup at the 5th Avenue store in New York City. Pick up Sep 16

7. Renho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Renho

Ya In store pickup and making a reservation is different I think. With a reservation you don't pay anything right now and you get a time that you can go in on launch day. Like 8am or 8:30am. Did you order yours and pay for it but choose to pickup instead of ship?

8. Renho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Renho

Lots of stalk for iPhone 7's. but did you pay already? Or make a reservation for a time to pickup and not pay anything?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 9, 2016 ---
    No they started that last year, they said on these iPhones no other sims will work for it!

9. Mackneezie macrumors member

Mackneezie

I was hoping for the reservation option as well, but didn't see it. I will take my chances on launch day at my Apple Store for a Jet Black :) Hoping for the best!

10. Renho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Renho

Alright then it just wasn't me, I thought I was doing something wrong.... I live an hour north of San Francisco so my store doesn't get to busy. I will take my chances too on launch day. But I heard of you go to ATT you have an even better chance at getting them. Nobody lines up at the carrier on launch day for some reason. Last year not one person lined up for our ATT store

11. Dick Whitman macrumors 6502

Dick Whitman

Wait, seriously? I remember walking into Best Buy and just swapping SIM cards when I went from the 5s to the 6. Easiest thing ever. But now the SIM cards are different, which requires the one-time upgrade fee? So even if I was to walk into the Apple store and buy the 7 at full retail price, I would still need to pay this fee?

12. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

I think the fee is automatically tacked on to your billing statement.

13. poose22 macrumors member

The iphone 7 uses a Nano-SIM, which is the same one as the iphone 5 through last years model 6S. So it will indeed still work.

14. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

I've seen reservations for the regular 7's, but not the 7+'s.

I think it's because you're a Dodgers fan. That says enough. :p

Just kidding.

15. GoingDark macrumors 6502

It really depends on what model you wanted. If you wanted literally any size or colour other than Jet Black, this was probably the easiest pre-order situation in a while. Hell, I can still go to apple.ca and get a 128 GB Black 7 for launch day pickup right now. Usually all models would be pushed to "1-2 weeks" by now.

If you wanted a Plus model, again, this was way easier than the 6+ debacle of two years ago, when almost none were available in any size or colour on launch day.

If you wanted a Jet Black 7+, this was basically the same BS as the 6+. They pretty much don't exist.