Why no refunds?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nuggetz, Jun 4, 2012.

1. nuggetz macrumors newbie

Whats the downside to allowing a 15 minute refund policy? Android used to give you 24 hours but i think thats way too long. I can get sick of something inhalf that time. Heck, i think a 10 minute refund policy is good enough.

I find myself buying apps just to figure out whether or not they have a certain feature. The alternative is spending 30 minutes on research - reading forums, reading reviews and watching YouTube videos. That's a lot of time to invest and at the end of the day you still might now know if the app is going to fit your needs. I've tried so many handwritten note apps and their ink technologies are all different. Some are smooth but you can't zoom in, others you can zoom in but the engine sucks. A nice refund policy would sort that out. I think developers that offer a lite version have a right to charge more money for the full app. If the app is good then people will pay once they've been given a chance to try it. The current model gives some developers a license to steal. I mean someone has to be the first one to download an app. What can they do if the app is miserable? Nothing. Maybe they can dispute the purchase but who wants to go through all that? How many apps are out there now? I think it's safe to say that a refund policy wouldn't impact apple that much.

2. nohaver macrumors member

I hear what you're saying but step out of the box for a minute.

The apps are mostly $1 and you have plenty of information to make an informed decision right at your fingertips. Just think back to when you had to purchase a software package from the retail store for $100 without any outside knowledge.

3. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

I don't want a time limit.

If you contact iTunes support days later after a purchase there's still a chance you'll get a refund. With an arbitrary 15 refund limit I could potentially be making my situation worse.

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

One of the best Windows Phone 7 features is that all paid apps must offer a trial version. This not only means you get a chance to try the app before you buy, but it also stops the free section of the Marketplace getting cluttered up with "lite" and "free" versions of paid apps.

5. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I could argue both ways. If you're buying expensive apps, I could see why you would want a refund... But if you're talking about dollar apps, I'm sure you've wasted more money in your life in other ways. Losing a dollar here or there won't kill you.

You're most likely feeding a starving developer with your purchase.