Why no reminders app?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by maugustine, Apr 29, 2015.

1. maugustine macrumors regular

maugustine

Any ideas why Apple decided not to include Reminders on the app? It will notify you about your reminders, and you can create new ones with Siri, but it seems strange to me that you can't access your list of reminders. Any insights?

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Probably waiting until Dev conference to introduce Watch OS 1.1, with new features and bug fixes. Remember we are only at 1.0. We have a long way to go. Lol.

3. maugustine thread starter macrumors regular

maugustine

Ha! Yeah.

It's surprisingly solid for a 1.0 release. I'm excited to see what they add next.

Thanks for your input!

4. FunkyTang macrumors 6502

The strange thing is that in the Apple Watch iPhone app, Reminders is listed under Notifications and under the Reminder app settings.

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I'm ready for reminders. Like you said, Siri will add reminders and we get the alerts but I'm ready to scroll them. Maybe in testing they were slow like a third party app and got cut at the last minute. I'm sure they will be added.

6. simonx314 macrumors regular

My wife and I share a grocery list with the reminders app and we were expecting to be able to check items off as we shopped without having to hold the iPhone. Hope this is added soon.

7. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

8. Processing June macrumors newbie

See, this is why I think some people are confused or disappointed by Apple Watch. I don't expected to have the reminders app per se. I expect the watch to be able to 1) create new reminders via Siri, 2) Display reminder notifications... As an extension of the reminders app already on my iPhone.

9. Sphyrna macrumors regular

I tried using Siri to create a reminder today and it didn't work. I told it to remind me at 3:55 to go to Target. It showed the reminder and I tapped on OK and it said it would remind me. It didn't. I went into my reminders and didn't see anything for it. I just tried it again and this time it did show up. So not sure what it did the first time.