Why no rose gold iphone 8?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Italianblend, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Very curious about this - why would apple take away one of its most popular colors? Really surprised they didn't want a device to match the tone of the new ipads. What do you think?

2. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

With all the attention on the ipX and the simplification of the color choices of the ip8/+...it means less production costs spent for the ip8/+.

There was never a promise that this year's models would have the same colors as last year.

3. cnotes2019 Suspended

Watch they come out with another color or colors later as they did with the red one last year

4. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I thought the rose gold was a pretty good seller for Apple.

5. profets macrumors 601

It looks like the new Gold colour is a mix of the previous Gold and Rose Gold options. I think similar thing happened to the Watch as well.

6. Vanilla35 macrumors 68040

Vanilla35

There was a report a few months back stating that Apple was having trouble manufacturing that specific color (it was rumored as blush gold). Even going as far as to say that they may release that color later (like ships a week or two later), if I'm not mistaken.

However it looks like the entire phone is delayed, and they just exed out the that color due to its difficulty.

7. ForumChick macrumors regular

ForumChick

For females like me, this was devasting. If you were a female breathing in 2017, you had rose gold.

8. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Zune55

I don't think rose gold was popular, it was easier to find rose gold in iphone 7 when it was launched than any other colors. New gold might be the mixture of both gold & rose gold.

9. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Rose gold was popular in the 6s plus era. Lol so it was popular on 2015 haha

10. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

11. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Rose gold if It had existed for the iPhone X, would have been my next color choice. I actually really liked the Burnt hue tone to it.

12. cnotes2019 Suspended

They will come out in January or February my name is Tim Cook and I am Apple

13. cnotes2019 Suspended

I got both iPhone 7 and plus in rose gold

14. Dented macrumors 6502a

My guess is they know the 8 isn't going to sell on the same scale as the 7 (because of the X) so they had to rationalise the colour options in line with lower production - merging the two golds.

15. ges macrumors member

Surprised they've never had a blue. Seems less divisive along gender lines than a rose gold type colour.

16. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

If they release a blue I'd be all over it. Sapphire blue please.

17. nia820 macrumors 68020

nia820

Yeah that's a another reason why I'm not bothering with iphone 8 or x. Many of of apple accessories and gadgets are rose gold. Love the color.

18. Bethanie21 macrumors regular

Bethanie21

I liked the rose gold colour, but can't stand white front iPhones, so I've always gone for black front iPhones (I'm female). Was hoping Apple would introduce a copper colour with the black front, but it didn't happen. Have preordered an iPhone 8 in space grey. ;)

19. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

My wife got a Rose Gold iPhone 6s on launch weekend. Had to be ordered and she got it before one of the T-Mobile reps who had put herself on the preorder list for it.

The 6s/6s+ is when Rose Gold was introduced so it was (is?) a popular color.

My wife took one look at her phone when she got it and told me she wished she had asked for the regular Gold (which is what she had with her 6).

My wife was expecting the kind of Rose Gold color you get in jewelry. What she got (she told me) was pink.

She hasn't been happy with this color choice for the last two years, although she has managed to ignore it.

20. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

um, this woman rocks Jet Black.

21. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I second that.

22. baummer macrumors 6502a

My wife would disagree.

23. krishmk macrumors 6502

I suspect they will release other color midway as another cycle.

24. CVC macrumors member

Too many SKUs (product numbers). Eight models, two capacities, various number of colors, four carriers plus SIM free means too many products.

25. AyeKay15 macrumors member

AyeKay15

No, that is totally wrong on so many levels