Why no rumor of 7s or 7s+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whohasaquestion, Jul 26, 2017.

1. whohasaquestion macrumors 6502a

2. red41 macrumors regular

It's most likely the same body style with an upgraded processor and maybe a spec bump on the camera. Those kind of rumors don't excite people and since it looks the same as it's predecessor people aren't taking photos of it and posting it to rumor sites.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Because the chassis looks the same, so cant tell leaks from production models.
    Fanbois are sticking their fingers in their ears going lalallala hoping Apple doesn't do the same thing they've always done with s models.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

5. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

6. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Search for iPhone 6 if you want to know how the iPhone 7s will looks like.

7. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

Because talking about an 8 sells more? My guess... :p

8. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

coolbreeze

Same but with A11. Nobody should be surprised.

9. Infiniverse48 macrumors 6502a

I'm actually more interested in the 7s currently, even though I'm getting the premium phone, because if the 7s has a glass back then it has wireless charging and if it is no thicker than the iPhone 7, then that wireless charging is not inductive, and that means it's not inductive in the premium iPhone, and that's the only way to know currently.

10. Volgin Suspended

Volgin

No idea. It's going to be a very long 6 weeks until the announcement is made.

11. mctrials23 macrumors 6502

Because no one really cares about an S iteration of a phone design we have had for nearly 3 years when every other S iteration has been largely boring and very much the same. Even then there would be quite a lot of rumours because people care about the next iphone. The only difference this year is that the iphone 8 or whatever it will be called is being released which changes so many things and is a big mystery still.

12. Dave245 macrumors 603

Dave245

Because the 7s and 7s Plus will be the same design as the 7 was, it's the 8 that's rumoured to be getting the most changes for example:

1. bezel less design (probably not completely bezel free tho)

2. OLED Screen

3. 5.8" form factor but in a smaller frame (possibly the same size as the 4.7" iPhone)

4. AR features

5. 3D sensing camera that's rumoured to be using 3D facial recognition

6. No Touch ID on the front (or possibly at all, it may be eliminated if it can't be put under the display)

7. Function area at the bottom of the display (where the Touch ID/Home button would normal be)

8. Glass design on the back/front with a metal frame (kind of like the 4 and 4S design)

9. Wireless charging is rumoured

Whether the 7s and 7s Plus get some of these features I'm not sure, my guess is if they do it will only be a couple because the 8 will be the premium model, especially if Apple are going to be charing around £1000 for it.

13. 576316 macrumors 601

Because Apple are going to attempt to sell people the same phone again (7s and 7s+) whilst shouting about this mythical new iPhone 8 that they're going to charge people an arm and a leg for, which people will blindly pay.

14. NBAasDOGG macrumors 6502

NBAasDOGG

It's a utterly embarrassment if Apple releases the 7S and 7S Plus, especially when we consider they are running 2 years behind when compared to Samsung (more water resistant, better camera, Qi charging, larger screen, Oled, Iris scan, Facial recognition, 64GB standard, SD card, VR, headphone jack and lower price than IPhone 7 32GB)

However, Apple will release the all new iKidney 8 with one year old Samsung features for just $1300-1500.

15. craigio85 macrumors 6502

craigio85

The iPhone 8 is the one they want people to buy. It's the one they've spent hundreds of millions on developing and if it doesn't sell in line with expectations, they run the risk of the new design being branded a failure.

So, in my opinion, they'd be crazy to even contemplate launching a 7s alongside. And I don't believe they will do that. My prediction is an iPhone 8 only launch and, while priced higher, it would have an entry price that the current 6/6S/7 upgrading user base would tolerate.

16. Dave245 macrumors 603

Dave245

Your forgetting it's not all about features and it's not all about who did what first, Apple rarely do anything first but they do it better. Samsung can have all the features they want and yes I've praised their design on the S8 and the Note phone is great device but at the end of the day it still runs TouchWiz, they still don't get regular updates like that of the iPhone. When Apple release an iPhone they release a great device that works and works well, at least in my experience I've never had one issue with any of my iPhone's and that along with the features that work is what I'm willing to spend £1000 on with the iPhone 8.

17. the future macrumors 65816

I do believe Apple will release 3 new iPhones because right now they just could not produce enough of the high-end model to satisfy global iPhone demand. But I also believe that none of the 3 new iPhones will look like an iPhone 7/7+ or be called "7S/7S+". I could imagine a new model line consisting of simply "iPhone", "iPhone Plus" and "iPhone Pro".

18. craigio85 macrumors 6502

craigio85

I like the idea. But - I don't see there being a need for a Plus model with the standard size delivering the usable screen area that it appears it will.

19. the future macrumors 65816

As many users seem to be fine with the size of the Plus, I would guess Apple will keep it around. This year as a cheap(er) way to have a big screen, next year as a way to have an even bigger (bezel-less) screen.

20. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Likely because it's going to look the same with just a glass back

21. 576316 macrumors 601

Nope. iPhone 8 will be very expensive, with cheaper devices launched alongside. That’s the only way I can see them doing this. There will be lots of people due an upgrade who aren’t willing to shell out for this new design and would be angry there was no standard model for them to upgrade to as normal.

22. NBAasDOGG macrumors 6502

NBAasDOGG

The only reason I buy iPhones is because of IOS.

Software wise, I fully agree with you :p
    But I just hate the fact they keep increasing prices for these "perfected features". I just can't believe that Apple is going to charge $1100 for the new iPhone, that's just a no no for anyone outside the USA.

23. Dave245 macrumors 603

Dave245

I think we should wait and see what happens first, pricing tends to be hit and miss with rumours so it could be wrong. However if the iPhone has the following features i wouldn't object to paying £1000

OLED Screen with increased resolution
    3D sensing camera for AR and facial recognition
    Dual lens camera improved from the 7 Plus (which is already a great camera :))
    Wireless charging
    Glass back with the stainless steel frame

If those turn out to be true then i won't mind paying the rumoured £1000, after all i paid £820 for my 128GB iPhone 7 Jet Black, so for those features it will only cost an extra £180 more than what i paid for last years Jet Black 7 Plus. The thing is that rumours go around it sounds less appealing to some but then Apple get on stage at the keynote talk about all the features, what's included, give demo's and we see the device people then change their minds and it's pre-order madness on the Friday of pre-orders :)

24. NBAasDOGG macrumors 6502

NBAasDOGG

Mehhhh, I guess I can agree with you :)
    Maybe this extra £150-200 is worth the new features, but what if next years iPhone will get £1200 because of integrated Touchb ID?
    Unfortunately we will end up paying $1800 in the next 4-5 years...

As student it's not always easy to save and spent ~£1500 on Apple product every year. Apple just out-marketed me with their new 15' MacBook Pro, so I was forced to get the 13'. I don't like to be out-marketed for the iPhone :p (my favorite Apple product)

25. craigio85 macrumors 6502

craigio85

Of course it'll be expensive. iPhones are expensive full stop. But let's put the rumours of $1200-$1300 in perspective. Click-bait news articles will always use the price of the top tier model, for added sensationalism. The 7Plus 256GB model costs £919 as it is - that's $1200.