Why No Silver Bumpers?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by reeco, Nov 16, 2010.

1. reeco macrumors regular

reeco

This seems really strange and I cant find any or an answer anywhere.

Apple released their bumper in various colours and while I like the bumpers (I have a black one) I dont like the fact it makes the iphone 4 look less like the iphone 4 by taking away the silver band.

You would think apple would of had a silver color, surely?

Now the relly weird part is I cant find any bumper cases that have a silver plastic color going around the outside. I know the SGP Neo EX does have a silver color but I dont like the fact its 2 pieces and i'm not paying that much for a bumper, + they are out of stock.

So my question is, why are there no silver color bumper cases? It would make perfect sence, as it would keep the iphone looks while protecting it.

Am I just not looking in the right place?

Thanks.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Because the Apple bumper is a one piece silicone wrap, an silicone can be made gray, but not silver. The bumper to which you refer is a two piece inner black silicone buper and a thin polycarbonate silver band. Different engineering.

3. reeco thread starter macrumors regular

reeco

The apple bumper has a plastic bit in the middle of the silicone which come in loads of colors. What are you talking about.

Quote from apple website

Also I know the SGP is different engineering, thats not my question. Please read my question properly.

Your answer didnt answer anything and is incorrect while you refer to the apple bumper as ALL silicone!

4. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

i think it would look horrible personally. the iphone is much more suited with the thin metal steel band.

5. reeco thread starter macrumors regular

reeco

Well I agree, but that has nothing to do with my question either!

:confused:

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I'm sorry. I posted before being fully awake and was thinking about another product. Mea culpa.

Apple has nothing silver in bumpers.

As for why there are fer silver bumpers...why would you cover up a beautiful stainless steel edge with...more silver? Most people buy cases/bumpers to both protect and distinguish their phones, hence the myriad color options. Most people who like the stainless look go naked or opt for a clear case. You could petition Apple or another manufacturer...where there is enough demand there often will be a supply.

7. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

exactly. Nobody produces them because they pretty much wont sell well.

8. reeco thread starter macrumors regular

reeco

Thats a better responce, glad your awake now :)

yea i know what your saying, and I wouldnt cover it up if I thought I wasent gonna drop it. I think the demand is there for a silver looking bumper, hence why the sgp neo's are selling so well. Just strange why other companys havent got any silver bumpers.

My search continues...

9. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Does no one on ebay even sell silver bumpers? I'm surprised if no one's gotten on it yet.

10. gnychis macrumors 6502

seems like there could be some market for them

11. allisfair macrumors member

why not check out a bumper clone like casemate hula that is see through for the antenna to show through. plus it's cheaper than the apple's bumper.

12. reeco thread starter macrumors regular

reeco

I just bought what I thought was this, but the seethru was too dark. There will be a video of it on my youtube channel in 30 mins of it. Gonna order off the hula case website I think as cant find anything else that keeps the band look.