Why no touch-based device can do flash well.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mkallevik, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

This is the main reason that I gave to everyone that I knew that wanted Flash on the iPad.

In fact, I don't know almost any game which would work on the iPad with Flash. Most games that don't have mouseover has keyboard commands. What, you want the huge keyboard on screen while the actual game is as small as the iPhone's screen? Or rather you download the equivalent on the AppStore and play full screen, maybe more features, and optimized for touch.

The only thing that they'd get out of Flash on the iPad is Hulu and maybe the minimal interacted stuff like StrongBad.

But all Hulu has to do is convert their streams. StrongBad will definitely be missed (no sarcasm), but it's just like Pandora or something for the iPhone/iPod touch...you live with the fact that they won't play in the background.

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

That article is trying to justify a lousy position. What about that website that's made to look like HTML, but actually uses flash to look about 100x "cooler" (subjective, I know). the fact is, many many sites, games, etc, don't need to use onMouseHover or onMouseDown or whatever. And if they do, often it's superfluous and not necessary.

yeah, I disagree completely.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    This article was great. It completely makes sense. :)

4. SteveSparks macrumors 6502a

SteveSparks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.