Why no tv commercials with a white iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carson44, Nov 16, 2008.

1. carson44 macrumors member

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Because the white is only available in a 16 GB capacity and they don't want to give the impression that every model is available in white... but that's just my guess...

3. jdusoccer12 macrumors regular

Because they can't afford a 16GB. They spent all their money on advertising.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

no no no, its M$ that puts all their money in ads;)

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ Good guess, works for me...:cool:

6. Surely Guest

Surely

My guess is because it would be difficult to see the white iPhone on the white background that Apple uses in their iPhone commercials.

7. LastZion macrumors 6502a

8. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

9. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

lol +1

10. Pooshka macrumors 65816

LMFAO

+1

11. jlwillia macrumors regular

Because everyone knows the white iphone is for girls and/or people who want everyone to know they spent the extra money regardless of the fact that they only need 2.3 GB of storage....

Commence the onslaught of hundreds of replies debating the merits of this ridiculous argument by people who wish they could afford the white iphone but convinced themselves that the 8 GB was "totally enough space dude. I'll just change my songs every week or something"

In all seriousness, I think it's because they didn't want to give the impression that the white one was available for both models, but my answer will hopefully bring hours of entertainment to this discussion....

12. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

I have a white but my guess is theu use the black as it probably appeals to more people.

13. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Apple doesn't want to make it seem like each model is available in white
    Black looks better against the white background
    Black appeals to more people, although alot of people have white

14. .adam macrumors regular

I've thought it through - it's because the white iPhone looks pants.

15. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

lol :p

16. Crank Lucas macrumors member

17. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

I think they made the white iPhone for the more expensive model for a couple reasons. I am just guessing here of course like everybody else on this site.

They probably figured that if the low end only came in white it would have put some people off the phone altogether. There are a lot of teenagers out there that really care about what color their phone is don't have much money to pay more for instance. What 15 yo want's a girls phone?

It was pretty clear even from early on that the black was in way more demand than the white was. I for example own a white iPhone because it was all they had in stock at the time. They probably took a guess that some people that are die hard white fans would be willing to buy the white at an additional cost. While on the other hand the more general phone buyer would prefer the black and be more hesitant to pay more just for a color.

That was off topic though and only relates to the commercial in the sense they are using the one for the commercial which most people like. If they wanted to use the white they would have just changed the background color. I think Apple has the marketing genius to figure out how to do such things.