Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Because Apple doesn't allow developers to have direct access to the camera. We can only pop up the "take a picture" dialog and get the results after the dialog is dismissed.

=Shadow=

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
Currently the only video camera out there for the iPhone / iPod Touch is Cycorder, which can be accessed through Cydia. (Phone needs to be jailbroken.)

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2008
Currently the only video camera out there for the iPhone / iPod Touch is Cycorder, which can be accessed through Cydia. (Phone needs to be jailbroken.)

Cycorder is not the only one. There is one made for the 3G but also works with the 2G called Video Recorder. It also has sound where Cycorder doesn't.

sh0ckerturb0

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008
ya this kinda stuff pisses me off too... they're to worried about making the iphone into a business type phone now they don't throw in the simple still wanted features like picture messaging and video recording... and cut and paste

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2008

I used to think the same thing until I spent the time to research everything. After I did it, I wondered why I ever waited so long. The new QwikPwn for Mac 2.0.2 is the way to go.

I now have a video recorder that is awesome, I have a camera that I can zoom in and out, take burst pics, set a timer, etc..., and I can stream live video from my camera to http://www.Qik.com (check out the live feeds, your going to be amazed). I can tether my phone and change the theme anytime I like.

MacScho

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2008
I used to think the same thing until I spent the time to research everything. After I did it, I wondered why I ever waited so long. The new QwikPwn for Mac 2.0.2 is the way to go.

I now have a video recorder that is awesome, I have a camera that I can zoom in and out, take burst pics, set a timer, etc..., and I can stream live video from my camera to http://www.Qik.com (check out the live feeds, your going to be amazed). I can tether my phone and change the theme anytime I like.

can you transfer recorded videos to your computer?

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
can you transfer recorded videos to your computer?

Yes, currently you can download as .FLV or .3GP from the Qik site, they are supposed to be adding support to play back natively on the iPhone as well so hopefully that means .MP4 will be an added option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.