Why not a black anodized aluminum MBP with Penryn?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MACDRIVE, Jan 16, 2008.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

Feb 17, 2006
    Clovis, California
    Wouldn't that have been more impressive than that razor blade thing they're calling the MacBook Air? :cool:
  2. kuebby macrumors 68000

Jan 18, 2007
    Why do you want black aluminum? I love the brushed aluminum of the MacBook Pro, part of the reason I went Pro.
  3. wentwj macrumors regular

Sep 6, 2006
    Actually no, I would have liked it better, but it's not as shocking as a new product line. Coloring the MBP black and giving it a processor bump isn't anywhere near as impressive as having the "worlds thinnest laptop" and an entire new line
  4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

Jul 30, 2007
    I would love to see an anodized aluminum color palette for the MB Air
  5. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Oct 7, 2003
    if it was aluminum black would be cool. but i like the pro aluminum just fine. I kinda wish the apple on the top was black though. I really love the new imac, the way the black apple just pops of the aluminum. Plus it would tie them together more. I know apple loves the brand recogintion of the glowing apple's and all in public. but i think it's over now. or maybe they could set it so there was a thin stroke of light around the apple. It would look great.

or even if they made it a darker shade of grey and had a red backlight keyboard
  6. pblanton macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2009
    Why Black Aluminum???

Because I want a choice. The black aluminum is much easier to laser etch than the silver aluminum. Actually they are they same difficulty level, but the black shows the laser etching much better. Besides, I like black. Why shouldn't I have the option of black alunimum?