Why Not a Late May/June Launch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MICHAELSD, Apr 28, 2015.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Then there would have been no complaints, everyone in the launch crowd would have received theirs at the same time, and the retail stores would have had plentiful stock. I.e. It would've been a full launch. Of course, the way Apple went about it makes demand look incredible and a better-stocked launch may have negated some of that.

As a bonus, it would be more reminiscent of the iPhone's original release cycle.

2. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

No complaints? I think you'd see a TON of complaints from people because Apple had originally announced it for spring, then April.

3. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

Supply and demand, you really think Apple can't make enough watches for everyone because demand is "incredible" loll

4. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Too close to the September announcement and fall iPhone release.

5. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

They should have. Their greater desire was to meet their Spring promise. I'm sure they planned on having a regular launch in Spring.

6. cwosigns macrumors 65832

cwosigns

Because it was announced as a Spring release, and then early 2015. They pushed it as far back as they could without failing to meet their own deadline, which would have been an issue for investors.

7. Black Belt macrumors 6502a

Black Belt

They should've started manufacturing in March.

8. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

Better yet, why release v1 at all? Put off the launch to May 2017 and release the v2 version. Everyone knows the second gen Apple release is always the one to buy. Seems like the perfect strategy to me.

9. shawnwich macrumors 6502

shawnwich

real reason: they promised early 2015, and if they didn't get it in by the end of april, every newspaper on the planet would run the story "apple's first new product without steve jobs delayed"

10. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I was already whining about the fact that April 24th is not early 2015... if they had pushed it back any more it would have felt like a year from announcement to release.

11. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

This makes sense. The product and launch feel rushed.

12. Lacasse macrumors regular

Because they wanted to record revenues in this quarter to meet expectations from the investment market.