Why not allow the companion app to be unlocked early?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DirtySocks85, Apr 20, 2015.

1. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

So the companion app has been bugging me. It sits there waiting for me to pair an Apple Watch before I can change any settings. Wouldn't it be great if we could set all of our preferences now, and then have them apply the moment we get the watch? Seems like this would be a better out of box user experience overall.

2. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

3. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Yeah, I kinda hear what you are saying. But on the other hand, I can guess at a few reasons why Apple leaves that for Watch owners only. A little 'Club members only, please' and a little "We don't want to let people so far in we have to provide support to tell them there's nothing there for you (unless you have a Watch)" And yes, I can hear other folks saying 'Why do I have to have it it if I never need to use it?' I dunno, that's life I guess. Maybe one day you will ;)

4. DirtySocks85 thread starter macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

Yes, but I will have a watch sometime between 4/24-5/8. As of today I've paid for that watch. I'm in the club - I'd like to be able to unbox, pair and go; preferences already set.

----------

I didn't ask when it would be available, I asked why wouldn't Apple let me access it to prep for my watch now.