Why not ipad in the Buyer's guide of Macrumors?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by bmatiasb, Oct 7, 2010.

1. bmatiasb macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!

I have to confess that I follow macrumors quite frequently.

For my surprise, I do not see ipad on the Buyers guide section.

Is there any special reason for that?

Thanks for the great work done so far for those who have a passion about MAC.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The iPad has been released this year without any further updates, thus no data to recall and use for giving estimates on when the next update arrives.

I did. But all these threads are older than 42 minutes, thus irrelevant.

There is even a thread about it on the iPad sub-forum page, just scroll down to the end of the page.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Would it kill MacRumors to put it there already? There must have been a dozen threads asking about it.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Sadly this is true.

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

6. bmatiasb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your answer.
    In fact, the buyer's guide contains more than a timeline and timing forecasting. It also indicates pertinent news regarding the specific product. I was also thinking about that.
    For the sake of completeness I continue to believe that it would be best to have the remaining products that are not contemplated yet.

In any case, I understand that this idea is debatable.
    Good Continuation of the great work and contribution for the Apple Community

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You can always type "iPad" in the "Search Site" box at the top right corner of the main news page...that'll get you every article that mentions the iPad.

Creating a buyer's guide section for the iPad similar to that for other devices, with a list of recent news stories, would take a little bit of behind the scenes work, as we don't currently have an ipad.macrumors.com subdomain set up and don't have a tag in place to label articles as "iPad".

That's not to say it would be a huge amount of work, but we are working towards a site redesign (honest, we really are), so I think that's where we're placing our priorities for the time being rather than trying continuing to tweak the existing system. That said, I'm not directly involved in that side of things, so arn would have to be the one to weigh in with the final word.