Why Not Seek Help From The JB Community

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Hackint0sh814, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Hackint0sh814 macrumors member

This whole situation leaves me so puzzled with all the twitter accounts saying no one is working on the iPad 2 JB. There was a video posted by comex when it first came out with it completely jailbroken and Cydia installed http://tinyurl.com/6hac8j4. I haven't heard any news about this since the video was released. I mean if it was patched in 4.3.1 why not release it anyways, having a 4.3 JB is better than not having one at all. If it contains Apple code why not get some assistance from the JB community? I know the Dev Team is an extremely intelligent bunch of individuals, but it usually helps and speeds things up when you get more eyes on a certain problem.
    I always looked to the JB scene as a community. Why not let the community help out to get this out to the public?

2. aohus macrumors 68000

i'm thinking they could be waiting for iOS5 release, or that they really are having a hard time fully jailbreaking iOS 4.3.2.

Either way, I'm kinda bummed. I bought the iPad2 thinking it was already Jailbroken but to my astonishment it is not. :(

3. Hackint0sh814 thread starter macrumors member

My only issue is that they clearly had a working JB for 4.3. Why all the sudden the secrecy on why it couldn't be released?
    My question is if they are/were having such an issue with it, why not reach out? Not everyone in the community is a engineer, coder, or hacker, but I bet if we got my heads involved to solve it we would have a working JB for all out iPad 2's by now.

4. Dav1 macrumors 6502

Dare I post what at some level we all know....

It is about status and fame......

It is about attention seeking, and having "followers".....

Let's get real, and acknowledge, that if Cydia and other programs were working, it could have been released.... Not every program 'works' on my iPad either, nor does every program work on my iPhone! Either that video was fake, or simply put their is no desire to release the program! Be man enough to own up to your choices. We don't have a right to expect them to release a program..... We don't have a right to demand that they do.... My world does not evolve around the release of that program....

Life actually does go on.....

Enjoy it.

Don't choose to spend it wishing it away....

Life is too short!

5. jazzplr macrumors newbie

It is my understanding that the jailbreak from Comex used proprietary Apple code that would have landed him in legal trouble if it was released to the public. This hole was patched in iOS 4.3.1. While I haven't heard any news about others working on the jailbreak, I'm sure that there is work being done.