Resolved Why on Earth am I auto-subscribed to every thread I post in?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Imaginator, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imaginator macrumors regular

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. Imaginator thread starter macrumors regular

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Glad you got it sorted out, but that's a feature many of us use to keep track of threads we've posted in. It's very helpful!

5. Imaginator thread starter macrumors regular

How nice for you. Then you can keep yours turned on. I wasn't looking for reviews, just how to turn it off. Getting multiple emails about every thread I comment in is extremely obnoxious. I can keep track of threads I've posted in by memory without the emails.

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

He probably means that he subscribes to every thread, but with 'no email notification' so that he can go to the subscribed threads page and see which ones have new activity. That's what I do to keep track of everything. I don't get emails for anything here except for a PM.

7. simsaladimbamba

And that is where this comes into play:
    UserCP > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode
    [​IMG]
    But then again, not being nice is probably preferred here.

And since you only posted a few times, of course you can use your memory. But once you go beyond a certain amount of posts and threads, the Subscriptions are very helpful, even without email notification. Please try that first before coming down on others trying to help you.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As SandboxGeneral said, you can still subscribe to threads, but not get emails, which is what I do. I agree that getting email notification of every thread would be irritating. Fortunately, it's easily turned off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.