Why one headphone jack is better than 2

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ladeer, Jun 11, 2012.

1. ladeer, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. taedouni macrumors 65816

People complain that the design is too complicated. Then they complain that it's too simple... People just complain because that's all they know how to do.

3. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

They complain because the new jack likely won't have digital in/out. It will likely be exactly the same jack as on the iphone.

4. Trishul macrumors regular

Trishul

I agree, the whole point of this laptop is getting did of outdated tech, they still have the original mbp for those who rely on DVDs and separate mics.

Those that REALLY need an audio input will be using a FireWire or USB connection, which the new laptop supports, and no doubt within a year or so, thunderbolt audio interfaces will become commonplace.

Someone needs to lead an example if things are to ever progress.. If other companies had the same attitude, we'd have floating tablets by now no doubt or something else just as crazy.. But companies are too focused on milking every dime possible from the consumer and tricking them into believing they're getting the next best thing.. When they really aren't.

Yes I'm an Apple fanboy.

5. addictzz macrumors 6502

It is bad for me because I need additional adaptor when I wanted to record my music in macbook pro.

6. mpkayeuk macrumors member

Anyone complaining about I/O options is just missing the point. It's all about Thuderbolt now. If you can't afford to invest in Thunderbolt audio interfaces then buy another laptop! Heck, you could even buy a $50 USB audio interface if you are that desperate for Audio In/Out.