Why only 1 second of total video playback?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by deceptichop, Jan 20, 2009.

1. deceptichop macrumors regular

Gentlemen,

Ive noticed that a couple of websites that have only .wmv available to download movies. I am running a Mac G4 with OS Tiger and Opera/Safari/Firefox for the net. I can easily play wmv's with my QTpro and or VLC.

The movies that I typically DL are usually 300 to 400 megs. They completely DL on my browser (Opera, Safari, or Firefox) after about 10 minutes or so. However once I DL the .wmv files onto my harddrive , they show up at only about 3 or 4 kb!!?? So thats about a total of like .2 seconds of play back!!?? Therefore one second of total playback.

I believe this is not an Apple vs Windows issue, but something else. Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

It would help to provide links so others can try to replicate your issue. All I can suggest right now is to download and install Flip4Mac.

3. deceptichop thread starter macrumors regular

KingYaba,

THanks for your swift reply! Unfortunately I failed to mention in my post that I have Flip4Mac and Perian.

Fortuneately, I found out my problem. The reason why the wmv's werent DL'ing was that I didnt have the latest version of Perian. I DL'd the latest version and it TOTALLY fixed the problem!!!

Thank guys!