Why only some orders are shipping now

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lavrishevo, Jun 20, 2010.

1. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I am willing to bet that the orders, which are shipping now, are coming directly from the factory as compared to orders coming from Apple and ATT&t's local stockpile.

So don't fret if your order has not shipped yet as most likely it will ship directly from a warehouse somewhere here in the United States.

2. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

Second theory. It takes more than 1 minute to ship 600,000 things from china. It takes more than 1 plane, and a couple trucks.

3. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

True, but I bet the stockpile is where most of us will be getting our pre-orders.

4. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i hope so, i'm starting to get jealous! heheeheh

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Orders are being shipped now so they can be at your local dispatch center in time for the release. It's not something to theorize over really. There's 600,000 phones to be shipped on one day. All of the phones being shipped now are supposed to be held until the 24th for delivery.

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

People that got standard shipping ship now while the overnighters ship later?

7. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Obviously, phones 'overnighted' are not going to be coming from China.

8. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

There are approx. two planes a day from Hong Kong, they can only carry so many iPhones each, and they do carry other cargo.

If you have confirmation that you will receive your phone on June 24th then you will, no matter when it begins its travels. Those that are shipping now will sit in a warehouse in Memphis, TN until the proper time to move them out for the Thursday festivities. If yours comes on a later flight it just means that it will sit in Memphis for a shorter length of time.

When the 3GS phone came out a co-worker and I both ordered one, mine left about 4 days before launch day and his left only the day before. We had a small wager on who would receive their phone first. On launch day the receptionist called us up as soon as the FEDEX delivery was made and handed us both our phone at the same time. :D

9. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Same thing happened last year folks with the 3GS launch. There are multiple stockpiles here in the US with phones already. The ones that we see moving now are the ones coming direct as others mentioned. For the ones already here in the states, you will not see any movement on them likely until the 23rd. People are gonna be freaking up swearing up and down that they are gonna kill AT&T and leave Apple forever if they don't get their phone on time as promised...blah, blah, blah. Others will be tracking flights over from China, freaking when it stays too long in Alaska or some other godforsaken place. It really will be fun to watch all the pandemonium.

Then miracle of miracles, those who still have no shipping data will suddenly ship on the night before release from places like Lexington, Kentucky or something. :D:eek::eek::apple:

10. nparmelee macrumors 6502

And the shipping companies often update only once a day once the shipment is in their system and nobody here probably really knows when the iPhones started arriving in the various countries getting ready for the final ship, and some cell/mobile carriers (for those who ordered there) are notorious for being lousy at letting people know the phones have even shipped until after they've been delivered. Pre-orders are a blessing and a curse, on the one hand you've gotten the thrill of "it's going to be here" into your system BUT now you have to wait and grab on to any rumors/hope that they may be on their way. Reservers are planning their strategies of making sure they get to their store of choice early enough, but not ridiculously early, to get their trophy and those who either were not able to do either or waited too long are crazed planning the attack strategy to be one of the first at the store.

Executives at Apple are looking at these boards and grinning big time over the hype that is. So glad I own my little piece of the Apple....

11. billinaz macrumors 6502

billinaz

Not necessarily.

My 2 phones changed (finally) to preparing for shipment on the Apple website.

I looked into the Fedex tracking, using my phone number as the reference number. The tracking info shows that the shiping was initiated from China, and will arrive at my house on the 23rd. I have no doubt they will be at the local hub then, just not delivered until the next day.

So they essentially moved their shipping point to my local hub. It will be delivered the next day (so it is essentially next day delivery).

12. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

If anybody paid extra for overnight shipping, they're pretty dumb.

Apple usually refunds it anyway on these release date deliveries.

13. AMG macrumors newbie

What pisses me off is that I was probably among the first five people who pre-ordered the phone and my phone has yet to be shipped. Others who went to bed and had a good night sleep are seeing their phone being shipped.

[​IMG]

14. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Mine was placed @ 1:17PDT and mine shipped theres no rhyme or reason to it but you'll get yours on the 24th just like everyone else who's order says thats the case. It'll be all good.

15. emaja macrumors 68000

You're getting it on the 24th just like everyone else who pre-ordered early enough to make the first cutoff. Relax.

16. billinaz macrumors 6502

billinaz

Same here, one phone was ordered at 6AM on the 15th, and it still has not made it into the Fedex network. Its still sitting on a truck somewhere in China.

Anticipated ship date Jun 20, 2010 (missed that, its 11:30AM on the 21st in China)

Estimated delivery Jun 23, 2010 by 12:00 PM

The strange thing is that the Fedex shipping was started Jun 20, 2010 6:11 AM but its still not at the HK airport more than a day later.

17. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

mine says the same. it is prepared for ship but looking it up via the fed ex thing, I see that it was initiated at 6:11 6-20, but no further details.

not gonna worry about it though, i could spend my whole week fretting about this and not getting any work done because I am checking constantly. But I am not going to do that. It will get here when it gets here.