Why Pages stinks

crazydreaming

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
I made a nice brochure for the rental home company I work for. Looked pretty good, seemed to be great for creating that type of thing with pictures, columns, etc. Looked very professional like I wanted...

BUT.

Forgot about one thing. I live in a windows environment. Now, someone else needs the file so that they can add/make changes. :confused: opps. And no, you can't just copy and paste it all into Word.

Next time I'll use work from the start. In the meantime, I have a lot of work to do!

Why, tell me does Apple always push the fact that Mac's are so compatible with Windows. I'm not arguing that, but why would they make a word processing program not compatible? You have to by Microsoft Software in order to do that. I guess it's probably much more complicated than I think.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Have you tried exporting to .doc? That may help to solve your problem...

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
crazydreaming said:
HEY! Thanks a lot. That worked beautifully. There's a few formatting things I need to change, but... I should use that 'export' feature on Mac apps more often!

is exporting it as a pdf file an option. they could use acrobat to edit it later on.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
If anyone was curious, I took a Grab of everything that you can use Pages to export as...

dejo

Staff member
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
crazydreaming said:
HEY! Thanks a lot. That worked beautifully. There's a few formatting things I need to change, but... I should use that 'export' feature on Mac apps more often!
Now aren't you glad that Apple tries to be somewhat compatible? So, next time, please don't be so quick to judge the software and/or the manufacturer ("stinks" is a tad harsh) and instead just pose your concern in a more curious manner ("I was wondering if...). I, for one, would be less offended.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
mbdamdg said:
PDF is probably your best bet - any computer with acrobat can open it, and all your formatting will be preserved.....
Yeah, but he said that the other person needed to make changes. PDF won't allow others to make changes.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Surely, if you know your document is going to have to be passed on for further editing to MS Office only users it would make sense to just have created the document is Word in the first place :rolleyes:

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
For personal use, yeah, but in a graphic design department, where Acrobat is used to PDF print layouts for a commercial press, it's peanuts.