Why Podcasts Not Showing UP?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cokids, Jul 29, 2008.

1. cokids macrumors member

I'm a newbie here, but I've subscribed to podcasts on itunes. When I snyc they don't show up in my list of podcasts. How do I subscribe and have them show up? I'm running an 8 gb Touch. Could it be that they are too big and won't fit?

Anxiously waiting to read the NYTs,
    Beth

2. cokids thread starter macrumors member

More Info

Ok, the podcasts are checked in iTunes; I've tried to free up space by deleting 'Car Talk' which i figured used a lot of space. Still no additional podcasts moved to Touch. I have 16 podcasts subscribed to, but only 2 downloaded to Touch. What gives?

Beth

3. timbo-baggins macrumors newbie

timbo-baggins

Hi Beth,

Do you have all 16 selected for sync in the Podcasts tab of your iPod (only appears when the iPod is connected) and you have the options set to sync (for example) "all unplayed"?

Another method would be to unsubscribe to all of them and then delete the files from iTunes, then add them back one at a time, making sure they synchronised properly as you went along.

Tim

Tim

4. rotarydialz macrumors member

I just change the genre from podcast to speech and then I can put them in my own playlists. I had the same problem with some audiobooks playlists. I had to change the genre to spoken word to be able to have certain books show up on my ipod.