Why portable where introduced in WWDC'12 - a look into Apple report

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sainsburys, Jun 13, 2012.

1. sainsburys macrumors regular

I just found document: http://images.apple.com/pr/pdf/q2fy12datasum.pdf
    As we can see in Q1 2012(it shouldn't be 2011?), Q2 2011 and Q1 2012 Portable are selling better and earn way much dollars to Apple than desktop.
    But, on the other hand, we can also see (from last column) that Year/Year change in revenue from Desktops is +8% while from portables -1%.

I think that iMacs and Macbooks where bumped simultaneously, and there is iMac with Ivy Bridge, USB3.0 etc, but for Apple was quite obvious that they need to improve sale of MacBooks because it's actually on -1%. And only iPod and Portables are below zero. Quite interesting statistics don't you think?

I'm not economist, I just wrote what I thought when I saw document. I want new iMac, my first Mac, as much as I can so I'm finding way to prove myself that there will be new iMac in, I hope so, July. Or even faster!

2. InlawBiker macrumors 6502

Maybe it has to do with so many people owning iPads and iPhones, since they're cheaper and easier to carry than a Macbook.

You wouldn't know it though from looking around a cafe. I sure see a lot of Macbook Pros these days.