why run windows on mac?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by RadiDoc, May 18, 2011.

1. RadiDoc macrumors member

I was just wondering, why not just use PC?

Cheers!

2. simsaladimbamba

Why have two computers, when one can do both?
    What about if someone wants to use Mac OS X primarily and only has to run or two applications in Windows?

Just you having had a bad experience with Macs, doesn't mean others have, thus don't really want a Windows PC, especially as it is more complicated to install Mac OS X on a non Apple computer, than it is installing Windows or Linux on a Mac.

3. ormie macrumors regular

ormie

Because you can't run OSX on a PC!
    No, seriously, you could just buy a PC and be quite happy - many people do, but the advantage of using the Mac is simply this, you can get the best of both operating systems in one box. Each operating system has its programme's that will not work on the others system. Plus, you get such beautiful pieces of sculpture in the form on the Macs too!

Cheers, Macjim.

4. RadiDoc thread starter macrumors member

5. EricJD macrumors regular

I have a Windows desktop machine at home, but I also occasionally need access to Windows when I'm away from home. I just use Windows on my MacBook rather than buying a second laptop.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have a MBP that I use all of the time but wanted to get a second computer so that I could run Windows apps occasionally. I have one app that just simply is horrible on a Mac under OS X. I decided to buy a second Mac just to be able to do this. I had been going back and forth trying to decide between a HP, Dell or another Mac.

I finally decided on a used Mac, a black MB. I took it home and immediately installed XP using bootcamp. A second Mac was my choice because when I am not running XP on it, I can get the awesome experience of using OS X. I also got the second computer so that I wouldn't have to stop what I was doing on the MBP to boot into Windows. I rarely reboot that computer unless it starts crawling due to low ram which does happen.

7. DonCarlos, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011

DonCarlos macrumors regular

DonCarlos

Because, Mac hardware runs Windows much much better than a PC does. I am not just sayng that because I am a Mac user. When I fire up my wife's Sony Vaio or my daughter's HP, it is a noticeable performance and stability difference than when I run W7 on my Mac. I have heard that same sentiment echoed from other Mac users. I

have never had a problem running both OS's under a separate platform using a bootcamp installation. Windows is great for games and I think that W7 Windows Media Center is the best free media center, so those are the reasons I tend to jump back and forth between the OS's.

Personally I like Windows 7, it's just to bad that Mac just doesn't build a pc for it....what a minute, Mac does, they are called Mac's.

8. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

+1

Its like Apple designed its hardware not only for OSX but a little bit for Windows too!

9. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

It's pointless for me to get another computer, just for internet explorer...

10. RUGERMAN macrumors regular

huh?

the second computer so that I wouldn't have to stop what I was doing on the MBP to boot into Windows. I rarely reboot that computer unless it starts crawling due to low ram which does happen.[/QUOTE]

Why not run Parallels, no reboot required and a lot cheaper than buying another machine.

11. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

in our case we run Parallels on our Macbook Pro so we can run Quicken for windows daily and I run Bootcamp on my IMac for when I need to program a Fire Dept. radio.