Why should I buy a mac?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nigel004, Jul 20, 2011.

1. nigel004 macrumors newbie

A few years ago I bought a shuffle this led me to buy a iPod classic loved it so bought an iPhone 4 last year loved that and this year bought an iPad 2 at Trafford centre. So I now think I'm slowly being seduced by apple. I have a Sony vail which to all intents and purposes is great with blu ray drive etc good memory and hard drive but I want a. Desktop. Iv been looking at some very good pcs but as I'm loving my apple iPhone 4 and iPad 2 I thought why not look into getting an iMac, iv done all the research I can and it looks great but I still can't get exactly why I'd want that and not a pc. What is the things that make others get one? And for those who made the same choice are you happy with it? I know it's my decision anyway but it's good to here other people's main pros and cons cheers.

2. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

The stability and reliability of Mac OS X is the primary reason.

Sent from my iPhone.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I got my first mac about 4 years ago when Apple introduced the aluminum iMac. For me, the following reasons are why I prefer macs over PCs.

1. Macs don't come loaded with a crap load of bloatware, trial versions, etc.

2. Have never picked up a virus since using them in spite of never running antivirus software.

3. Apple support is outstanding. I have had to take in each of my macs (iMac more) for service and they have been fixed quickly.

4. nigel004 thread starter macrumors newbie

Flash

Thanks for the answers, could I ask iv been looking around google for answers to this with my iPhone and iPad we all know the story with flash, I enjoy using my BBC f1 site which uses flash video but I wonder if it's the same story with the iMac? Or is it just the mobile devices we can't watch flash videos on.

5. nigel004 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes that's the correct site does the videos in video section play if so they are flash which won't play on iPad 2 thank you

6. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Yes. Plays no problem, audio and video.

7. nigel004 thread starter macrumors newbie

Brilliant well I just had another look around and some people saying it doesn't play on the mac but maybe there old blogs and posts I'll take it form you it's ok. It's maybe just mobile apple devices that don't like flash as it uses a lot of power etc. Thanks for checking for me appreciate it.

8. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I don't think there is a compelling argument for paying more for a Mac than an equivalent Windows desktop other than if you need Mac specific software. I'd say Windows 7 is at least as stable as Mac OS X Snow Leopard (I haven't had a single problem since I installed it).

I think the build and battery life of Apple's laptops is worth paying extra for, but the gap is narrowing every day.

9. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Don't ya mean Lion, not Snow Leopard now :D