Why Should I Jailbreak iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by flipster, Jun 19, 2011.

1. flipster macrumors 6502a

Well, 2 years ago I had a 2G iPod Touch. Back then, you had to use redsn0w (I remember waiting forever for it to come out) to jailbreak. It was this whole complicated process, and now it's just push a button lol.

Back then though, there was a reason to jailbreak. To multi task, to change backgrounds from black to pictures, and so on. Now, in iOS 4, and soon to be iOS 5, I don't see why people still do it?

So, what are the benefits of jail breaking an iPhone 4 today? I'm not new to the process, I just don't see the point anymore. Thoughts?:apple:

2. ejisfun macrumors regular

I jailbreak for one main reason:

Bitesms.

And then along with that, I'll use sbsettings and lockinfo.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I use it for SBSettings, Barrel, also some apps are no longer available at the app store, like VLC.

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

If you don't see a need anymore, why are you posting in this forum?

5. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you're asking that then you should stay on stock firmware.

7. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

^1+ I see no profit in selling you on jailbreaking.

9. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I jailbreak for 5 icon dock, a 5x5 springboard, Activator, Springflash, and silly personal things like changing stock sounds to Portal.

If you see no value in it, I'd recommend you remain stock.

10. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I checked out the BiteSMS site a bit earlier and for the life of me can't see the reason why so many people rave about this app.

Please, enlighten me. It'll surely get me to JB once I get my iPhone from my current 2G Touch.

(If this app means i'm able to cancel my messaging plan then awesome)

11. Darwing macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Don't jailbreak it's a waste of time save yourself the headache.... Lol

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

I will say it this way if your to lazy to research why you should jb. then you are to lazy to research how and will probably mess something up. ;)

13. flipster thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not some technology illiterate fool ;). I had to jailbreak in a much, much more complicated manner 2 years ago rather than now (where you just push a ****ing button and it does it for you). I don't see how anyone can mess it up.

I did research, but only stupid **** came up. Just wanted to hear why everyone likes to jailbreak in this day and age.... two years ago it was understandable considering all the restrictions on iPhone OS (iOS today).

No need for everyone's smugness, this forum is slowly degrading due to people like you.

14. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

15. Vee_dub macrumors newbie

I disagree. Personally, I think this forum is degrading due to people like you. Day-after-day the same threads are started about things that have been discussed a thousand times over. Like someone said before, if you're too lazy to research some of the possible benefits that can be had from jailbreaking, chances are you're too lazy to do the research necessary to be a successful jailbreaker.

...But maybe that's just me.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, its degrading due to people like you asking genius questions like why should I JB?
    Really?
    There's tons of threads talking about the pros and cons of Jailbreaking. Tons of threads with usefull info on favorite JB packages and addons. What are you handicapped and cant search or we gotta spoon feed you? Your question has been asked and answered for over 4 years now.
    Here I will list some threads for you below there's also a bunch of stickies on the top of this forum. Is it that hard to click on them? And no you didnt do any research cause there is plenty of good info on this site and not stupid s***.

17. flipster thread starter macrumors 6502a

In 4 years, the OS changes, buddy. I stated that. Yes I did research btw, and I asked a simple question. I haven't seen this question around in the couple months that I've been browsing this forum. I wanted to see what apps people used and why. I don't need unnecessary smug comments like your's, take your ignorance somewhere else. This forum is to help people, not tell them to try the search button. If all your going to do is sit on here and make nasty remarks, get the **** off the forum and get a life. You obviously have nothing better to do. ;)

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, with your attitude I see everyone is running to help you:rolleyes:
    You're the one that needs to get a clue and a life. If you read back on many on my posts you will see that I do help out people that deserve and appreciate it unlike you.
    People that dont expect to be babysat asking questions like why should I jailbreak.

19. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Haven't talked to you in a while AppleJuiced, but im pretty sure i've never seen you be mean.

Kudo's my friend... :D

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    I try not to usually bud.
    Im done with this thread though;)

21. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

The wrath of AppleJuiced is layed down, and then you don't even give the courtesy to follow up on the arguement.

I like you're style. :apple:

22. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Oh the irony. :rolleyes:

23. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

3G Unrestrictor ..... Unless you like watching Youtube in extremely poor quality via 3G.

Lockinfo .... Name speaks for itself. Weather, Mail, Calls, SMS, and more all at a glance on the lockscreen.

SBsettings .... Once you start using it, it's hard to live without it.

iProtect ..... Password protect any app, and lockdown some features.

iFile ..... Filesystem

YourTube ..... Download youtube vids. Works flawless.

FolderEnhancer ...... Basically takes away the limitations of folders and adds some options.

User Agent Faker ..... I JUST HATE MOBILE SITES ...NUFF SAID!!

TetherMe .....
    I rarely Tether and when I do it's very brief. That being said it's still a must have and is a life saver when you really need internet without any Wifi around.

Insomnia Pro ..... Stops Wifi from auto cutting out. This is a must if you use listen to music or watch vids on you iPhone via Home Sharing. Wifi would cut out after a certain amount of time and go back to 3G.

24. Almeuit macrumors regular

biteSMS is just awesome. I just bought the life license for it. biteSMS just basically makes txting easier as you can reply from the popup. You can reply on lock screen or while in an app (no switching to the messages app.. Replying... Then going back... You just reply while in whatever app your in) and also you can compose a txt msg from lock screen or any app by tapping the volume button and tapping the screen (the little horn icon that shows up) to write a txt. It's just a very awesome app for txting

25. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

well its the same in this day and age, people jailbreak to do what is "still" restricted by iOS, if your not restricted to do anything you want your phone to do then its a no pointer