Why so many people that regret the 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Sep 21, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't get the 6+ myself, much too big to be a phone. But why did so many people get it and then regret it? Like why did you buy it originallly.. Did you see the slightly better specs and say "ohh I want the best iPhone there is!" And that was it? No regard for size?

2. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Incoming a bunch of people saying they don't regret it.

On topic, who cares?

3. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Easier to get the 6 Plus first and exchange for a 6 in store.

4. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

Because theres something called a preorder where you cant actually use the phone until the day it comes out. Seriously this thread is useless.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Unfortunately, a lot of them here are like that. The posts speak for themselves.

6. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Since when do threads have to be useful?

And what? Seriously WHAT? Your excuse is that you couldn't try it because it wasn't out yet? You mean paper mockups, or other phones that size wasn't enough for you?

7. newone757 macrumors 6502

8. Blackstick macrumors 6502

Blackstick

Honestly, I picked a 6+ purely because it was something new and different from the typical iPhone ecosystem. Realistically, the 6 would probably be more practical for me, but life is about changing experiences. These phones have short lifespans anyway, you can always size up or down next time around. Get the phone that makes you happy, it's really as simple as that.

9. OT2000 macrumors regular

OT2000

When you come to an iPhone forum you're going to get every form of opinion. Those who dislike the 6+ don't seem any greater than any other year or model.

Everyone I know who has it so far, love it. In the end it boils down to preference. I'm still undecided.

10. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Why do so many people regret buying the smaller 6? There's just as much "evidence" to support that "theory" too...

11. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

Does caps lock signify anger?

Your question is stupid, clearly 2 dimensional paper mock ups, and similarly sized phones that differ in dimensions and weight don't paint an accurate picture of the true user experience.

I ordered an iphone 6 and am surprised how large it is, and was regretting not going for the 6+ until actually using one in person. Had I bought the 6+ I would be regretting it too. There's your answer op. Now delete the thread. :cool:

12. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Threads don't HAVE to be anything. But useless threads will tend to get more useless responses, see?

there is something to be said about holding the actual phone. Not something like it. Not a cardboard cutout. The actual phone. Until I saw the phone myself, I thought the bezels were huge. They didn;t actually bother me in person. My biggest issue was how slippery the damn thing is; this is something none of the mockups or similar products could have possibly warned me about.

13. iPhone7ate9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm more interested in your idea that the thread is taking up space or needs value or something. What's that about?

14. OSMac macrumors 65816

Give them a week or 2, most will never want a smaller phone again.

15. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Lot's of trash threads around iPhone launches (and directly before them). Sifting through them for regulars is... well you got it I think.

16. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Truth. Besides, my cardboard mockup ended up being accurate only in terms of width, so the 6 Plus ended up being smaller than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised and I doubt I'm the only one.

17. wxman2003 Suspended

I didn't realize there were "so many" people regretting the 6 Plus. :rolleyes:

18. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

Lol then I guess it worked out well for you. But I dont think most people had access to a cardboard mockup either haha.

19. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Why not? Is there a shortage of cardboard and scissors I'm unaware of? Sure seems to me that lots of people here made one. I'm far from the only one.

20. Sakura Squirrel macrumors member

People just want confirmation that they bought the best, most desirable thing. it's a lot of money.

So they're fishing for stories of regret for the one they didn't buy.

Then they can hug the one they bought to their chest, secure in the knowledge that some people really wish they had chosen as cleverly as they did.

21. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You might want to spend more time on this forum.

22. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I would hardly characterize a few people on a forum saying they regretted their purchase as evidence that there is some massive amount of people returning the 6+

23. Sharkey311 Suspended

This. And of course the better battery, real estate, and OIS.

In the end though, I just prefer the smaller 6 which for me is in the goldilocks of phone sizes. Plus I have an iPad Air if I want to view things on a bigger screen.

24. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

Too big
    too heavy
    can't use with one hand
    can't hold comfortably
    1 GB of RAM
    Lag
    Poor front facing camera quality
    OIS not worth it
    Landscape split pane modes are better on iPads

25. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

I have seen people posting threads about the iPhone 6, but not how they regretted the size.