Why so much speculation?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by I/wanna/mac, Aug 27, 2008.

1. I/wanna/mac macrumors newbie

If you read the page 2 rumours many will read like this; Apple are expected to update their macbook and ipod ranges in september to october time so claimed by someone or other. which brings me back to the title of my little rant why so much speculation, okay granted we're all eagerly awaiting the updates but don't come out with crap, the pictures that some post they look like so 3rd grader mocked them up on photoshop. Give us something concrete rather than all this scare-mongering.

2. tri3limited macrumors 6502

Page 2 rumors are very much speculation with little evidence.

Remember... This is MacRUMORS so you can expect alot of this.

3. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

What do you expect? After all this is MacRUMORS. Not MacWeOnlyReportColdHardFacts. If that was the case, Arn would actually sleep.

Don

4. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Page 2 isn't for solid rumours. But you really have to report them on a site called Mac Rumors.
    And yes I have spelt rumours two different ways deliberately.

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I take your point completely, even if this forum is called Mac Rumors, rather than Mac Fact, as noted by Dmac77. However, I get a strong sense that some posters love to drive themselves dizzy with anticipation by speculating on possible releases/updates/tweaks on a weekly basis. We all have our thrills and some are pretty harmless. Cheers

6. iMacmatician macrumors 601

This is a rumor site, and rumors lead to personal speculation which leads to more speculation. Followup rumors lead to not only speculation about those rumors but speculation about the previous rumors' speculation.

www.MacFacts.com

7. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

8. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Concrete? But didn't you know that it's air, all air, hot air, MBA and so on
    Cheers

9. Snips macrumors regular

10. iMacmatician macrumors 601

R:DFLMA:D!

11. kabunaru Guest

Why not re-name Page 1 Rumours to "Rumours with evidence" and Page 2 to "Rumours with little evidence". :rolleyes: