Why some things work on iphone but not on ipad. Whuuut?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by thedatapusher, Nov 28, 2013.

1. thedatapusher macrumors member

So I noticed that some things work on iphone however don't work on the ipad. I am hoping there may be a workaround to get these functioning that I have overlooked.

1) ipad cannot flag messages in mail app, iphone can

2) ipad cannot move messages from one account to another account in mail app, iphone can

3) ipad does not have a weather app built in, iphone does

Anyone have any input or workarounds?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Are the same exact mail accounts setup on both devices? Are they set up in the same exact way with the same settings on both devices?

As far as Weather an some apps like that, iPads don't have them by default. You can really only download some other ones from the App Store.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

I don't have the problems with 1 and 2 on either of my iPads, and I use WeatherBug on all of my iOS devices.

4. thedatapusher thread starter macrumors member

Might as well run a ditto cmd since they are identical. As for the weather app, I'd much rather have one that is integrated into the os like on the iphone and not sandboxed and handicapped. I did notice that the weather is integrated into the today screen, so the base functionality is there on the ipad.

----------

You can flag messages on your ipad and also move an email from one email account to another on your ipad?

5. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

Yes for me, iOS 7 on both iPhone5S and iPad 2

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

The point is that there should be no difference.

8. Ferc Kast macrumors regular

Ferc Kast

Never have had a problem with 1 or 2, irregardless of whatever iOS version my iPad has been on. As far as 3, I use a third party app from the App Store for checking the weather.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Agreed, but it was always there since day one years back, so it's not really anything close to being new or even surprising.

10. LV426 macrumors 6502a

Not necessarily. There are hardware differences to consider. For example, the iPhone has a GPS receiver and has a pretty good idea where it is all the time. The base iPad does not. The weather app makes prominent use of your current location.

Personally, for the tiny amount of circuitry involved, I'd like to see GPS-capbliity in all iPad models, not just the ones that can accept a SIM.