Why still 1.1.1 in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by legaleye3000, Nov 12, 2007.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Why? I got 1.1.2 by downloading from Apple but I'm trying to get my dad upgraded but he doesn't know how to do all the techie stuff...

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Its released for European users but has not yet been released for the US.

3. Kaspers macrumors regular

Kaspers

I'm from the Netherlands, and its still not showing up in iTunes.
    But if you want 1.1.2, just hit alt when you click 'update', and select this file.

4. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

The word is, they have not released it yet because it was hacked so quickly and they are working on getting that resolved first.

5. walnuts macrumors 6502

I think that its really odd that they wouldn't officially release it in the US- if not only for the fact that it supposedly patches the TIFF exploit used in hacking. While it would upset the hackers (or even mildly inconvenience them since they've already hacked 1.1.2), the TIFF exploit is a security risk and one would expect them to do their due diligence and patch it. Maybe there's another bug in 1.1.2 that's worse...

6. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

I expect 1.1.2 was only there to add the stuff needed for the UK/German launches. It's not an 'official' release in the sense that all iphones are supposed to get it.

7. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

source?

I heard it was an early Christmas present for the dev community... and for the ringtone folks... you just have to know how to unwrap it properly.

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

The update fixes a few things on all iPhones though. Like speed, and also some minor changes but nothing too great.

My opinion is the iPhone got hacked so early after the update, they're going to release a 1.1.3 version possibly (or even 1.2). Who knows, there might be a todo list update or something cool.

9. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Speed? It's no faster.. I've used both and they're exactly the same.

It's starting to look like 1.1.2 has a crashing bug on the slider also.. so it might not be a good idea to upgrade.