Why straight lines became waves in Final Cut Pro X?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hajime, Feb 11, 2012.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello, I am using the trial version of Final Cut Pro X 10.0.3. After I imported a QuickTime movie into the program, I played back the movie and noticed that straight lines became ripples/waves. For example, when the video was showing somebody running across the screen, the legs became waves/ripples. Similarly, when an automatic door was closed in the video, the edge of the door became wave-like. Anybody knows the cause and how to fix this issue? Thanks.

2. thuchu1 macrumors regular

thuchu1

Is the video broken into bars when you zoom in?

Video is often broke into two steps when it's being recorded where every other line is captured, then it goes back and captures the other frames alternatively. I would. This is usually only noticeable when the subject is moving quickly. Find the setting for Field and try either upper or lower first dePending on your options.

3. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

The "waves" you are seeing is due to the recorded material being interlaced and not progressive. If you can deal with the interlacing while you edit, you can choose an option to deinterlace when you export your finished video. This will correct the issue.

What camcorder are you using?

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the replies. I extracted the video segment from a Japanese movie DVD using HandBrake. Then, played back under FCPX. As this is my first time to use FCPX, it looks like the problem only appears during playback under FCPX. I just saved the edited video clip as a QuickTime file. The resulting video does not has this problem.