Why such negativity about iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by atlatnesiti, Jul 31, 2013.

1. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

If you look through all the threads here, you'll notice that majority are Apple bashing. Icons are crap, font too skinny, font too bold, interface too white, interface too flat, no indicator how to swipe to unlock, crappy arrow showing how to unlock, animations too slow, kids can design better UI and so on and on...
    Every new thread is just another version of the one before - Apple and iOS 7 bashing of sorts.
    Maybe this is the answer why...
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/04/24/samsung-apple-trolls/

2. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

It takes time for people to embrace change. And most of the people complaining are in the vocal minority.

3. shenfrey macrumors 68000

It's not that different. It's still ios, just with a different skin. People will get use to it.

4. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Because more often than not in forums like these people that have issues are the vocal ones. If someone buys and iPhone and they love it and it works great they're most liked not going to post about it. But someone who is having issues or hates the design or whatever probably will.

5. CausticPuppy macrumors 65816

Overall I love the new look. Yeah I'm not fond of 2 of the icons, but then again you don't see people nitpicking google's choice of icons or fonts on every new major Android release-- which kind of goes to show that people have a much higher expectation of Apple, whereas Android is just expected to have a barely passable interface.

There are a few things I don't like, some of which have already been addressed in the latest beta, such as a slightly better lock screen.

iOS7 is much more "alive" but it's not obtrusive.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I bought an iPhone and I love it so much! I want to smooch it! :p

But change is tough for some people. Even insignificant changes in life.

7. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

The usual nerd rage.
    Nerds oddly seem to hate change for random odd things.

8. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

There are usually 4 types of people on a forum like this:

1) The paid shills who visit competitor forums to complain in an attempt to damage the public image of the rival company.

2) The Debbie Downers who actually like Apple but are generally negative 'glass half empty' types who will complain about the smallest most insignificant of details (see the 'I don't like the new swipe to unlock arrow' comments as an example). These are usually easily influenced by others being negative and will join in and claim they feel just as strongly about it when really they probably don't.

3) The rabid fanboys out for Apple blood. Apple could give you a solid gold iPhone for FREE and they would STILL find some way to bash it and claim Android superiority.

4) The normal well adjusted guys. Family/girlfriend, holds down a decent job, has a close family, likes nice things and appreciates quality. Has no anarchist views and see's life in a balanced sensible way.

Personally I like iOS7 very much, there are things I'm not completely fussed on but I appreciate the refresh and the new features. Beta 4 has been really good so far and I look forward to the GM. No really, I'm not going to complain about anything or parp on about how feature x was already available on Android years ago :rolleyes:

9. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

There is whining on here about every single damn thing apple does.

They could do nothing but drop price by 30% and someone here would find some way to whine about it.

10. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

11. bobbysmith macrumors regular

5) The rabid pro-everything Apple does guys who think Apple is their family, girlfriend, job and close family. Will attack anyone who says anything even remotely negative about anything even remotely connected to Apple. Most of the posters in this subforum belong to this group.

12. cookies! macrumors 6502

F YOU APPLE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::eek::D:apple::mad:

13. sonicrobby, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I think most of the threads here are the opposite. Upon first release there was negativity, but people have accustomed to it. I dont like the look because its just not my style, but it wont keep me from upgrading it though. Ill just be a displeased with the look, but the function is great.

I think apple made a mistake doing a drastic change in a short amount of time, redesigning from the ground up in less than a year is a feat, but one that didnt need to be done. Apple is known for releasing features late, but when they do its the most stable form on the market (with the exception of maps). And I feel like with the whole redesign in less than a year, they may be missing or overlooking some things. I just hope they dont rush the final release to just please the masses.

Certain things people do complain about, but with good reason. Such as the amount of white straining on the eyes and such, but I dont think thats just "negativity" I think its legitimate criticism in which the OS needs improving. Whether or not members are presenting it as legitimate criticism or blind complaint depends on their tone and presentation. But it is a beta, a lot of people have access to it and it seems like the consensus is positive.

I dont think there are samsungers trolling, there are some obvious android fans who do it, but I believe a lot of the negativity is from iOS6 user who are displeased with iOS7 for whatever reason. Its just the intensity in which they present it that just may seem troll-like. But like I said earlier, Im a huge fan of gloss, embossment, and contrast and the appearance of iOS7 is devastating to me, and I may give negative criticism about it because it not my style, but that doesnt mean its all negative feedback.

No matter what Apple does, they will always face negative feedback whether its from the competition or its own users. Because their idea is one walled garden, you can either get accustomed to the new plants, hang out in the old garden that isnt being watered anymore, or move to another garden with less favorable fruit but a greater diversity. Essentially what Im saying is that because there is no option at all for visual customization, the UI they choose will more than likely not fit in to 100% of iOS users tastes, and therefore will receive some kind of negative feedback because of it. There is no way to completely please everyone without allowing the users alternative options within the OS, which Apple is against doing. Its the same thing with politics. Despite a politician winning 51% to 49%, that one politician will rule over the entire population. A resident can either move away or accept it, and just because they choose not to move away it doesnt mean they are happy about it.

14. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Yep, those that love something are too busy using it to get on boards and post about it

Plus you have to keep in mind that in many cases the folks posting,especially around here, are nerd types that have opinions about how something should be done or how they want it done for their particular needs and it wasn't so its crap

15. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

People that don't have things to complain about aren't wasting their time on here. They're just living their lives.