Why T-mobile?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ucsdmac, Jul 20, 2008.

1. ucsdmac macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

Hello, I'm brand new to the iPhone world but I have been an avid reader of the forums. I was wondering why people prefer T-mobile or At&T ? and besides At&T, what other companies can we use the iphone with if we unlock it? (I know it only supports GSM companies so i'm not sure what are the good ones). Thank you for the response.

2. RubberShoes macrumors regular

Because some people like me are tied to T-mobile because of their family or an existing contract and prefer to stay away from ATT because of getting royally screwed out of 500 dollars for this reason and that reason, and then when you get sick of them SLAM $175 early termination fee.

Ok, so that was a cheap shot at them and only my personal experience, but I prefer to use T-mobile because I get the same plans and add-ons for a lot cheaper. ATT data plan costs $20 bucks a month on the original iPhone and with T-mobile T-zones you're paying $6 for basically the same thing. Even with the texting plans for unlimited added to your package you're looking at another $20 on top of your $20 data plan with ATT, while with T-mobile you pay $6 for data and $10 for unlimited texting

$16 or $40 bucks a month? You decide...

And with the iPhone 3G yes T-mobile's US 3G network doesn't work with it, but I'm still going to buy one on T-mobile because of all the other great features, and while ATT iPhone 3G buyers are paying 50 bucks a month whether they have 3G in their area or not, I'm still only paying $16!!!!