Why The 3rd Gen touch Won't Be Delayed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kman101, Sep 8, 2009.

1. kman101 macrumors newbie

I'm sure most of you have heard the late breaking rumors that Apple is experiencing technical difficulties with the cameras in the next gen iPod touch, which could lead to a shipping delay.

I'm of the opinion that this probably won't happen. Why you ask?

Because Steve Jobs is back. All you have to do is think about his total control freak attitude, and you'll understand that we'll see a release on Wednesday. If Steve was still on leave and Tim Cook was in charge, then a delay would probably happen. But now that the big guy is back, he knows that everyone is watching his smallest of moves, so he wants to make sure that his first event and first real decisions as CEO since returning to the company (after leave) goes absolutely smoothly, meaning that he won't let something like a delay in shipping happens.

Of course, I'm gonna be getting one as soon as possible, so I might have a bit of a bias. :D

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'm sure Steve Jobs would rather it be delayed than release a POS product.

Of course let's just hope it's not like their dual-link mDP adapter.

3. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

It's just a rumor that the iPods are delayed.

Nothing is confirmed yet.

4. kman101 thread starter macrumors newbie

To be perfectly honest, it's just a rumor that there will be new iPods at all.

Nothing is confirmed yet.

5. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

actually what the OP said is all made up stuff and rumors.;)

6. MVApple macrumors 6502a

Steve Jobs is not omnipotent or omnipresent. If there was an error that was figured out later then there's nothing he can do about it, mistakes happen. He's a control freak but he can't control every aspect at all times.

7. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

IIRC, wasn't there actually like a week or so delay on the 16Gb iPod Nanos after last year's launch? I remember that the 8Gb were immediately available at our local Apple stores, but that the 16Gb didn't arrive until AT LEAST a week after the launch. I remember reading several articles on it last year saying that Apple actually intended to release the Nano last year in 4Gb and 8Gb configurations, but due to the (then) upcoming Zune 16Gb being released, Apple scrapped the 4Gb at the last minute, and ramped up the 16Gb production. That's why you could find the "rare" 4Gb 4th Gen Nano in a few spots overseas.

8. Coasterboi macrumors newbie

Maybe they decided to put something else in at the last second to counter-act the Zune. haha.

9. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Actually what you say is all made up stuff and rumors :)

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

There is a precedent. Apple had supply issues with IBM and had to go without taking imac orders for a considerable time. Even with Steve jobs at the helm.

http://news.cnet.com/Apple-delays-new-iMac/2100-1041_3-5255095.html

11. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Last years iPod Nanos were delayed because Apple had to up the storage last minute to "compete" with the Zune; I say "compete" because it is not really a competition but Apple would look ridiculous not upgrading storage in over 2 years.

I'm sure if it is delayed, it won't be every model; probably the higher end ones.

BUT, if it they were having problems enough to fill the launch, surely they would have known before a week ago when they announced the event.

12. kman101 thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly. They would have been putting the cameras to the test so much, they would have known about any issues earlier than this last minute thing.