Why the "antenna fix" is more than just remapping the bars

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 8CoreWhore, Jul 6, 2010.

1. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Because it doesn't take "a few weeks" to give us an update, merely to remap bars. Apple won't get into it publicly, but they must also be working on having the iOS continually retune the antenna on the fly. Once you detune it with your hand on the seem - and keep your hand there - the iOS gets stuck. It needs to be able to release and retune, despite your grip. That takes a "few weeks".

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Congrats, you're about a week or two late in your findings, but at least you're on board now to some degree and added yet another fairly useless thread to the forum, but... thanks for participating. :)

3. 8CoreWhore thread starter macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

So now you're going to be childish and insult me because I had the audacity to not be onboard your hypothesis and merely disagree with you? You were "STANDING UNDER A CELL TOWER", in your own words, thinking that was a strong signal when the exact opposite is true.

4. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

/me will wait for the OP to read the other thread, understand the situation, and realize no he wasn't being insulted, and yes this has been covered many many times before in hundreds of threads, and also hopefully realize why I put the smiley in there...

At least that's the hope. My theory is just one of dozens upon dozens upon dozens... hence me saying it's just another thread.

If you'd posted something about your specific experience with your specific iPhone 4, that's somewhat unique, but you didn't: you're basically rehashing things now as most everyone else does. If it was new fresh info from your firsthand experience, that's one thing, but so far it's not.

5. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

Thanks for your post....don't rise to it some users just can't help putting you down

6. 8CoreWhore thread starter macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

The point to this post was the "few weeks" quote from the Apple letter regarding the iPhone antenna fix. The letter only came out a few days ago.

Here is the quote...

"We will issue a free software update within a few weeks that incorporates the corrected formula."

Few days... and how many threads are focusing on "few weeks"? Thousands?

Don't be a troll.

7. Aaron J macrumors newbie

These kinds of responses are getting very irritating. Not all of us have the time to back track through all the threads and I for one can appreciate another posters insight, whether it is recycled or not.
    What would be better? No one posting anything and the board coming to a standstill? No new information is out, so until then I would like to read others opinions and experiences, if I get into the thread and it seems redundant...thats what my "back button" is for.

8. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Agreed. Besides, so many threads on the same topic turn into a 12 or 13 page thread, and no one is going to take the time to read that.

If people want to start a new thread to discuss the same issue, you don't have to participate, and it won't hurt you.

In fact, I wonder how many of these people who post in a thread about how useless it is realize that if they didn't do that, the thread might just die, but instead they are bumping it up?

9. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

The time to release is not relevant as a measure of the height of the fix. Apple is known to take long time to package for release.

Also Apple have already played this remapping game before.

10. 8CoreWhore thread starter macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Of course, but it sure is sexy. :p

11. r3voLoL macrumors member

12. dagomike macrumors 65816

Actually I disagree. I think we're underestimating the testing that should go into something like this. Worst thing Apple could do right now is release something fast and screw it up again.