Why the average user doesn't care about how flexible Android is?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by akash.nu, Feb 21, 2017.

1. akash.nu macrumors 68030

akash.nu

We've seen countless of iOS vs Android topics in this forum. I came across this video by chance and I think the guy has actually nailed the reasons.

2. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Totally nailed it. Owning and iPhone 7 Plus and a Note 5 its just more intuitive to use the iPhone 7'Plus I just DO NOT care about.

Themes or Widgets or Rooting etc. etc.

I've always felt the Mobile Phone must be a PHONE first and foremost. When I dropped my iPhone 6 Plus I instantly had a Free New one at the Apple Store with in hours.

When my Note 5 broke it was Hell fighting with Sprint and Samsung for an Overnight replacement shipped since there's No support system like Apple stores.

The Android Note 5 is still Amazing. I love playing SNES Games and somehow it's a 5.7" OLED 1440p display and it's still thinner and Smaller and lighter than a 5.5" iPhone 7 Plus. And they managed to get a 3.5mm jack and a stylus packed in.

3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

From having some great phones like note and s7 edge for me the difference is performance and smoothness and for me that's why I always will stick with the iPhone. Doesn't mean I won't get an android as well though as another option.

4. foxconn Suspended

i consider people that use android more illiterate than iPhone users. i'm talking about your mainstream android user, not some of the users that browse forums, watch youtube, tweak the hell out of their devices to get the most out of them, etc. because those people, yes maybe you who's reading this, are a minority. when it comes to iOS or android users, the fact of the matter is majority don't give a damn and just want to use their phones to communicate with others and go on social media. they don't care about what skin you have installed, roms, etc.

in my entire life, i have met less than 5 people that are serious about their android phone (and i know quite a bit of people i'd say) and know what they're talking about. the rest have no idea what they're talking about when they start arguing that their phone is better than mine. i keep my mouth shut and use my phone, but i'm always being attacked for some reason with really flawed arguments.

that being said, i use the device that works best for me. granted, i have never used an android device for more than a couple of minutes, but why should i? there is no reason to fix something that isn't broken, and the iPhone works well for me and my needs.

this is just my personal experience. i'm sure not everyone's experience will be the same.

5. Jaakkol9 macrumors newbie

Jaakkol9

The Android Note 5 is still Amazing. I love playing SNES Games and somehow it's a 5.7" OLED 1440p display and it's still thinner and Smaller and lighter than a 5.5" iPhone 7 Plus. And they managed to get a 3.5mm jack and a stylus packed in.[/QUOTE]
    Samsung galaxy Note 5 isn't thinner than iPhone 7 plus: Note 5 7.6mm, iPhone 7 plus 7.3mm.

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have no interest in Android, especially in the iPhone forum.