Why the complaining?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DougY, Oct 3, 2010.

1. DougY macrumors 6502

Why are there so many threads from people dissatisfied with their iPads? They don't like them, they want to sell them, trade them, paint them, give them to alien life forms. Didn't they know what they were buying when they handed over the cash? I like my iPad. It's exactly what I anticipated when I bought it. If does just what it was advertised to do. I have no complaints. Life is good. :D

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

No, they didn't know what they were buying when they bought it. Most people selling iPads today were early adopters, and have found the device isn't for them. Good marketing doesn't always lead to a good product. I love my iPad, but I personally don't find I use it enough to justify the price I paid, and will probably sell eventually.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

people are complaining because they bought it and then realized that it didn't do something they wanted it too. You also don't have many of the people who like them taking the time to post and say how wonderful it is so you only hear negative things.

4. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

This is exactly right- people tend not to create threads about how much they like the product, or we just don't pay attention to them as much. The amount of negative threads is starting to get annoying though. But I guess we're the only group these people can bitch too about their technology... Their wives don't want to hear it.

5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

These people should quit whining and return them. End of story.

6. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

I love mine it's awesome!

But I researched mine before I handed over the cash, I knew what it could do, what it couldn't and I made my decision based on my needs. Too many people seem to have too much money and too little sense these days.

7. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

8. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I adore mine! There isn't a day I don't use it!

9. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

The iPad is the most fought over computer in my house. LOL

I don't get how anyone would want to sell it. I should probably start entering lots of low bids on eBay to see if I luck into another.

Edit: Ouch, they're super expensive on eBay, some folks are bidding over the Apple retail price? What the heck?

I guess there really aren't that many people unhappy with the iPad.

10. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I'm actually surprised at how much I still use my the iPad. I hardly use my iMac any more as the iPad does most of what I need it to. I can even type on it almost as well as I type on a regular keyboard. I now wouldn't be without it.

11. m.a.c.b.o.y macrumors member

I love my iPad, haters really never seem to have a real good reason to dislike it, and then they post on here for some reason. But I love my iPad, since i've had it I got a display, hooked my macbook up to it and that is where it has sat since, I use my iPad around the house when i'm not at my desk, and anytime that i'm not at home. I will keep my iPad or keep buying revisions of the iPad for a very long time.

12. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

Mine is used for all consumption, almost all writing, and if I could use it for programing I would. The only time I fire up the laptop is when I need to code.

13. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

TOTALLY! its the first thing i touch in the morning, and the last thing i touch at night ;)

and the battery still goes aaaalllll day long :D

14. hcho3 macrumors 68030

People always have nothing to do, but complain. Americans always complain...
    That's why we are failing in economy. We just complain and whine.

15. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

wait are we complaining about people complaining about the ipad. I'm in.

16. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

Ditto. At the end of the day, the buyer is responsible for making the purchase and as such it is up to them to make a logical decision (i.e. based on plain facts such as tech-specs) and not an emotional one where expectations will seldom merge with reality.

17. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

I still use it a minimum 8 hours a day. It's always in my hands. But I knew when I preordered that even if it was just a big iPod touch it'll be worth it. But in the past 6 months I learned that its so much more. Nothing I can't do.

I will never have to own a laptop again and they're even a more expensive. So I save in the end. Desktop plus iPad equals a winning combination.