Why the $%#! do pictures from my iPhone appear upside down...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by brig2221, Nov 16, 2011.

1. brig2221 macrumors 6502

Why the $%#! do pictures from my iPhone appear upside down when I pull them over to my computer????

I never remember this being an issue at all and then one day I started having the issue on my iPhone 3GS. All my pictures and videos would be upside down when I pulled them over to my computer.

I stopped using my 3GS for videos and pictures after awhile because they were so bad, so I hadn't thought of the issue in a long time.

Jump forward to today. I finally get around to wanting to pull over all my beautiful photo's and HD videos taken on my iPhone 4S, and guess what, half my damn pictures and videos are UPSIDE DOWN!!!!

Can someone tell me how to correctly take photo's and videos (landscape) on the iPhone so they don't come over to my computer upside down???

As you can probably tell by my post, I am completely exasperated at the moment that I'm again having this problem. All comments and advice are greatly appreciated!

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Are you taking them with the home button pointing to your right?

3. brig2221 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have taken some that way, but I also take a lot with the home button pointing to me right, which is the way the phone is oriented when you use the camera quick launcher (double tap home button) and use the volume button to snap the picture.

I mean, Apple specifically designed that feature into the phone and highly touted it. I think it is a very useful feature and use it a lot. That said, are you telling me that everytime I take a picture this way, the picture will be upside down when I import the photo's to my computer?

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

5. GolfnCPA macrumors member

GolfnCPA

Are you left handed? I have the same problem and it is because I rotate the phone with the volume buttons down to take the picture.

6. flashflooder macrumors regular

This phone has an accelerometer in it - it should be able to detect which way you're holding the phone and rotate accordingly.

This is a bug.

7. E4tH macrumors newbie

Are you using Windows or Mac to sync your photos? I have a Mac and I don't have this problem.