Why the **** is itunes 9 so slow?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kannesss, Sep 27, 2009.

1. kannesss macrumors 6502a

It does everything so much slower than every other itunes. Right now it has been syncing 15 songs for about 10 minutes. they are normal and not a big file size either. what the hell is it so damn slow at everything? Downloading things takes forever. I have the same internet I had before it, when it was extremely fast. It took me 15 minutes to sync 3 songs to my iPod. WHYYYYYY DOESSS ITS HAVE TO BEEEE SOOOOOO SLOW?!?!?!?

2. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Something is wrong with summin cos I have a huge library without so much as a hickup. Sync is fine as is the store and downloads.

4. sine-nomine macrumors regular

I haven't noticed any slowness, but now when I launch it, it won't be the active application no matter what else is running. For example, I can have only Finder running, launch iTunes, and the menu bar will never change over to iTunes, it stays Finder's. It's annoying. Generally, I want to use an application that I just launched, not have it open 'under' something else already running.

5. frogger2020 macrumors regular

It seems to be much slower if your itunes library is on an external drive. Turning off the option "keep itunes folder organized" does speed it up, but is not really a solution.

6. Jamesthatcher macrumors member

he's right y'know

7. Queenredspecial macrumors regular

I am having the same problem:

I am running OS 10.4.11 and ever since the iTunes 9/9.0.1 updates, it has been extremely slow playing songs, changing songs, syching ipod, (all from the internal drive,) and it even freezes. It's very frustrating.

Reading the boards here, I have downloaded Onyx, done the maintenance, disk permissions, etc., freed up vast amounts of space on my HD, and still -- huge itunes problem.

I don't know what the OP's OS is, and if it is indeed the same cause for the problem -- but the symptom is the same as mine, so I thought I'd post and bump up the thread -- hopefully help will come. :)

8. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

I am running iTunes 9.1 on both of my intel macs running Tiger. So Far, so good.......:rolleyes:

9. yashrg macrumors regular

yashrg

I am experiencing problem with slow itunes and sometimes itunes even giving me the spinning beachball while syncing ipod.

10. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

When you find out let me know.