Why the month delay?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Adz11, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Adz11 macrumors newbie

Don't understand why the 4g version of the iPad won't be available for a month. Puts people like me in limbo. Can't sell it now as I'll have a month without one but if I sell it in a month I'll get much less for it. Baffling decision.
    Prehaps ill get a Surface to complement my Lumia 920.

2. RiseDarthVader macrumors member

Apple can only get so many assembled in a given amount of time and when you consider this is meant to target the market that can't afford even the iPad 2 it makes the most sense to have the most affordable version manufactured at a higher ratio then the more expensive one.

3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

They can only do so much.

They don't just crap these products out of their arse.

4. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

It is to hard to figure out. Apple decided to have the cheaper and likely more popular model made first.

There is plenty of time left to have plenty for Xmas! It was smart for them to separate the availability enough to keep users from buy the non-Wifi unit now and returning later for the WiFi model. Apple is not stupid, they know their customers very well.

My 64gb Surface with keyboard will be here tomorrow !!!

5. THFourteen macrumors 6502

a month?

i thought the 4Gs were meant to ship a couple of weeks after the wi-fi models?

Or is that just in the US.

6. rMacBookPro macrumors member

Samsung also stopped supplying displays.

7. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

They will be at least two weeks after as if not Apple would have to trade for the WiFi version. They know better! LOL!:p

8. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Samsung has officially denied that they no longer manufacture LCD panels for Apple.

They still have an on-going contract.

9. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

So you cannot wait a month after selling your current model, and that is going to be intolerable ? Going to the Surface that has some iffy reviews already instead ? And you think you will get much less without even knowing if that is true or not .......... OK

10. yegon macrumors 68020

Ime, if you haven't already sold your iPad by now, you're better off waiting a month or so and then selling. There's always a price frenzy in the first month after the new one is released, then the price gravitates back upwards again.

11. SeanR1 macrumors 6502

SeanR1

How do you like the Lumia 920?

12. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Yeah it sucks.....I need my iPad for work. So I can't go a month without one. But I know there's no way ill be able to sell my 64gb Verizon lte for enough a month from now so regardless I can't upgrade even if I wanted to.

13. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

is the OP referring to the iPad Mini LTE or is he referring to the iPad 4 with LTE?

i have an iPad 3, 32GB, LTE and today is the 20th day of ownership so i fall within Apple's 30 day exchange period they are unofficially honoring. i will be going to a store tonight to return it and get an Apple credit. i thought i could preorder the iPad 4 in all configurations starting tomorrow. will i have to wait 2-4 extra weeks for the LTE version?

i'm confused here

14. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Yeah extra month for all cellular versions. I don't know if you'll even be able to order the cellular one tomorrow.

15. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

even for the iPad 4? sheesh

16. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Obviously the fact that both Google and MS were about to announce their new products has a lot to do with the timing.