Why The New iPad Made Me Buy An iPod Touch Instead Of An iPhone [Opinion]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BreadedVirus, Mar 27, 2012.

1. BreadedVirus macrumors member

Wirelessly posted

Interesting post..

http://www.cultofmac.com/153507/why-the-new-ipad-made-me-buy-an-ipod-touch-instead-of-an-iphoneopinion/

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I didn't find it interesting. I found it to be typical.

With a little patience and diligence one can buy a new (or next-to-new) iPhone 4 for the same price as a similar capacity iPod Touch WITHOUT the need to sign a 2 year contract. That iPhone would not ever need to have cell service if the user were so inclined.

One can use such an iPhone as an "iPod Touch Pro"... all of the benefits of an iPhone and iPod Touch without any of the downside. And because the iPhone battery is designed to handle power consumption required by cell communication, using an iPhone (in Airplane mode but wifi enabled) results in insanely long battery life.

If one is so inclined to use such an iPhone without a contract, there are a handful of prepaid non-contract options available... often significantly cheaper per month than contract plans.

If a person could buy an iPhone 4 (without a contract) for the same price as an iPod Touch, why would they choose the iPod Touch?

3. BreadedVirus thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted

Oh come on, it was just a post i thought i would share. :-/