Why the new ipad MIGHT save the white macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yanksrock100, Mar 3, 2011.

1. yanksrock100 macrumors 6502a

yanksrock100

The new iPad may save the very existance of the white Macbook, and heres why.
    With the new white color, people will be looking for something that will be a good companion for this. White Macbook-White iPad. Apple MAY just see a rise in Macbook sales, giving its numbered days some breathing room.

Think it could happen?

2. iLucas macrumors 6502

Possibly. I plan to get the white iPad to compliment my white MacBook.

3. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

4. Miss Terri macrumors 6502

I'm a long-time fan of plastic Apple notebooks. I vastly prefer them aesthetically.

And yet... right now I can't imagine choosing a Macbook over a Macbook Pro. The difference in what you get for an additonal $200 is astounding.

So if keeping the Macbook the way it is now (which I think is a good idea as there is no point in having it just like the MBP), I think it should be more like $799. My guess is that would keep it popular and a good value.

Miss Terri

5. BubbaJones macrumors regular

BubbaJones

I have to admit that my first thought upon seeing the white iPad was "Hey, that would go great with my MacBook". (I know... I'm a dork)

I don't think it is as far fetched as you may think...

6. King Luis macrumors 6502

i disagree. i'm saving going to keep my older white macbook and getting a ipad to use beside it. the ipad cannot eliminate the macbook. the problem i do see is the macbook price is too close to the 13 inch macbook pro price. they will need to drop the price of the macbook to bring in more sales of it. you will see more people doing combination buys of the ipad and macbook if the prices are lower.

for $200cdn, i'd rather buy the 13inch macbook pro than the macbook.

7. xxxamazexxx macrumors member

Hey you're not the only one :D

I too vastly prefer the immaculate aesthetic of the MacBook. Even though I bought it because I could not afford the MBP then, it is hard to convince me now to switch to a MBP for whatever reason.