Why the new MacBook is the best ultra book ever made

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ByteTheBooty, Mar 13, 2015.

1. ByteTheBooty macrumors regular

This new MacBook changes everything. I feel like apple kind of took a huge step to the future with this new MacBook. I'm not a computer expert but I've noticed a couple things over the last couple of years. Mainly, Windows ultra book suck. I feel like they don't invest as much in their less powered machine as they do with the powerful ones. Their ultra books never look good, they rarely have a metal enclosure, always made of cheap plastic..

Look at the Dell XPS 13, sure it has a high pixel screen and micro bezels but I've seen reviews of it and the fans can be a little loud, the trackpad is horrible and the cheap keyboard flexes into the computer. And also the computer itself doesn't look to good to me.

This retina MacBook is maybe not as powerful but it has an amazing track pad great keyboard (just from the looks of it) its made of an orgasmicly looking metal case. It's maybe a "glorified netbook" but it's the best netbook you will ever find in the market currently.

When I say it changes everything for apple, I mean that it's a computer that suites so many Mac useres. 3/4 of the people who own a computer at my college have Mac and about half them (from what I notice) own Pros and I'm pretty sure that a Core M processor would suite most of these people's needs...I mean what do students actually do other than word processors and surfing the web. Most of them who did buy a Pro was for the retina screen...the retina MacBook is thin light and has the perfect dimensions for a backpack it's 28 by 20 cm which is really close to the size of a paper or school book.

I previously owned a 13 inch MBA and always found it to big and too heavy for my backpack. I know 3 pounds doesn't seem very heavy, but when your carrying it with you with a bunch of book, you lunch and a water bottle, it makes a huge difference...

Apple is right, this computer is the future of computers and I'm sure it's gonna sell very good...

Sorry for the long ass thread. I know it's not properly structured so please excuse me.

2. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

It was a very interesting link, especially if you read it with the rMB in mind, i.e. what the Core M-5Y10 processor is capable of...

3. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

To answer the question. It's the best ever because it comes in gold.

4. radiologyman, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015

radiologyman macrumors 6502

I got a really good ultra book already, a 2011 Sony z21. I tried 13 inch rmbp and 11 inch MBA but kept my Sony. 11 inch mba was great except screen. I do hope that this MBP will win me over. Only 2 pounds, fanless design, high res screen with black bezel, great keyboard and trackpad, in space gray color, just what I wanted. I just hope it does not run hot.

5. ParanoidDroid macrumors 6502

ParanoidDroid

Why do you automatically assume that the new keyboard is great? Because Phil Schiller told you so?

Is Apple's marketing really that great, that people just believe anything they are being told, ahead of a personal physical experience?

6. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Just as easily as he was trashing the Dell XPS trackpad and keyboard without having used one.

7. radiologyman macrumors 6502

You right, personal experience will be most important and that why I still use a PC. I do realize that apple had to cut many corners to get rmbp 12 this thin, including redesigned keyboard and trackpad.

8. Ulenspiegel, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015

Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

You have a point there, alas there are numerous professional and user reviews of Dell XPS which deal - amongst others - with the trackpad issue.

You know the answer. It is. They are told, they beleive and they follow.

9. Skylitfly macrumors 6502a

Because Apple has pretty much perfect record of making excellent keyboards and trackpads for their notebooks. Thats why.

10. Mcdevidr macrumors 6502a

You get two weeks to try it out. If you can't live with the keyboard then send it back. Simple.

11. tmarks11 macrumors 6502

That is a pretty sweeping generalization, which is untrue in the specifics. Yes, almost every manufacturer sells a cheap window ultrabook made of plastic. These ultrabooks are not made to compete with Apple. But several manufacturers (Samsung, Acer and Asus) also sell high-end, aluminum (or magnesium) framed ultrabook that are designed to compete (and look exactly like) Apple's offerings. And are reportedly of similar quality.

12. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

A lot of them do suck, just like a lot of Windows laptops suck. But that's because they try to keep them cheap, and the majority of people want cheap computers and don't give a damn about how they look. It's just a different segment of the market that Apple purposely ignores.

But there are high-end windows laptop, ultrabooks or not. They will just set you back as much as a MBP. I used to buy Dell XPS pro laptops. They were metal, powerful, good quality and lasted years. They also used to cost me as much as Apple costs me now.

Apple likes to push design and break barriers, and they can afford to spend millions on research. They can do so because everybody expects them to, and because somehow, their customers will still buy their machines regardless of the price.

13. ByteTheBooty thread starter macrumors regular

I must admit you do have a point

----------

Maybe I do have biased with apple but is it crazy to say that their computers look way better than windows..?