Why the panic? only one source has said there would be a Iphone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Sep 21, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Why are so many panicing over the possible 4s? just because one person said it? there are tons more articles stating the re-design as the iphone 5...plus pics of said cases for a larger screen.

2. batting1000, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

batting1000 macrumors 604

One source? I'd say about one hundred sources...

EDIT: Don't be thrown off by my sarcasm.

3. zipster macrumors 6502

People are panicking because they swore the invites would go out today.

4. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Not really

I've seen two articles but LOADS stating it will be the iphone 5 plus clear pics of cases being made which show a bigger screen.

5. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Not panicking, the realization is just getting to me. That there might not be a 5...

6. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I would take each 'source' with a grain of salt. Don't believe in anyone or you will be setting yourself up for disappointment.

7. Pooshka macrumors 65816

My great-granddaughter, my neighbor, my pizza delivery guy, my personal dog groomer, that makes it 5 sources.

8. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Source of said one hundred sources...?

9. batting1000 macrumors 604

It's called sarcasm. I'm exaggerating.

10. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

There is going to be an iPhone 5. In fact, that's all there is going to be.

11. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I'm not worried about the "only 4s" report today.

Ad revenue and page hits give them a great motivation to come with some sort of doomsday worst case scenario headline so I don't really trust em' ;)

12. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

The next iPhone release will be the 5th iPhone, regardless of what you have to say.

13. spikefood macrumors regular

Apple wouldn't wait 16 months to release only a 4s. :rolleyes:

14. vebs macrumors regular

Apple have this locked down, these analysts are just guessing like the rest of us.

15. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

This x10000000000000000

Just a few days ago a JP Morgan analyst said there will be a 5 and 4s. Now another one comes out today and says only 4s. They know absolutely nothing. The only thing anyone knows is that only Apple knows. In 2 weeks all will be revealed. :)

16. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

In all honesty, i realize that, but i can't consider an A5 chip, and a 8MP camera, plus an antenna which should've been released last year. As a 16month worthy upgrade.

17. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Same here. Just depends on how cocky Apple is about feeling we will buy their new phone regardless if they really upgrade it or not...

18. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Right, and here we have a new Android device coming out every other month. The only thing those phones are missing, is iOS. But tech-wise, talk about innovation.

This is specifically why I want Samsung and Apple's other competitors to win, and for Apple to face great competition so that they start pulling up their socks.

I understand that they practically have the tablet market, but the smartphone market was once Apple's, with the iPhone original, 3G and 3GS as well. If anything, the iPhone should be the most upgraded out of all of their products. But i guess the fan-base speaks for itself, the next iPhone will sell better than the previous one, regardless.

19. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

The main cause for speculation of no redesigned iPhone this year is the complete lack of evidence of a redesigned iPhone. No components, no leaks from suppliers, no unique-looking phones left at bars... ;) . The only evidence supporting the existence of a revamped form factor for the iPhone is a few Chinese manufacturers that have made sample cases for the rumored product and the renderings that CaseMate posted on its website. With any other recent products, we had loads of information/pics of at least components several weeks before the products were released. We have pics of what appear to be revamped iPhones with the iPhone 4 form factor, and reports that millions of them have been manufactured and are just waiting for iOS to be flashed onto them. We have nothing comparable for the "iPhone 5". Apple may be fairly tight in terms of security, but it is a large company, with a multitude of suppliers. It just seems improbable that we would have this little this close to the event. The only way that I can see an iPhone 5 coming soon would be if it comes out several months after the iPhone 4S, which would be an unusual update cycle for Apple.

20. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

I really feel like it's been Apple's game all along to get us debating whether it's a spec bump or a redesign. Its been nothing but a clever way to stir up iPhone talk. Even my 70 year old dad knows about the iPhone confusion and he doesn't know about anything about technology or computer stuff.

21. JMC08 macrumors regular

At the worst, there will be a one month delay on the iPhone 5. No iPod 3G. You guys really need to learn how to sift through these rumors.