Why The Sport covers all sizes, and the others don't.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 8CoreWhore, Apr 11, 2015.

1. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Watches used for various outdoor activities need to have bands that can adjust large enough to go over sleeves and gloves in winter. With winter garments, it's difficult to see a watch covered up. I've done this myself while skiing, backpacking, jogging, etc. Either over the sleeve or over the glove if it's long.

You'll lose the HRM if you do this, but if that's important you can wear a Polar Bluetooth strap for like $60. You'll also lose Apple Pay, but who cares.

Scuba divers do this over their wet suits, but we won't see the Apple Watch used for diving for several years. :p

2. wbitsky macrumors member

Also because they knew that they would sell the most sports since it is the cheapest, and therefore needed to fit the widest audience possible

3. 8CoreWhore thread starter macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

They'll be selling millions and millions of SS Watch. That same "problem" exists for that. Apple simply asks people to order the size they need.

4. wbitsky macrumors member

I know, but since the sport band is the only option for the sport collection, it makes sense that it fits all sizes

5. 8CoreWhore thread starter macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

If that were the case, all sizes would be accommodated by ordering the one you need. Just like the SS. The rubber band on the SS is not meant to be thrown away.

6. wbitsky macrumors member

Ah, I'm afraid I misunderstood what you were saying. When you said "sport" for some reason I thought you were talking about the watch itself.

My apologies