Why the wait for CS3 shipping?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kymac, Jun 23, 2007.

1. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

Hey everyone, I had ordered CS3 Design Premium with my new mac today, and it says that it won be shipped / delivered until the end of july. Does anyones else have these long wait times, is there a reason it can't be shipped out immediately?

Attached Files:

2. magius macrumors regular

beats me, maybe its waiting for aftereffects to release (im not sure if it has yet)

3. kymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

kymac

hmm thats odd then. because it says ships within 24 hours in the store. and what is after effects exactly?

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The ship dates from Apple can be weird, they seem to pass along whatever their distributors' "ships within" dates are even if those aren't the typical lead times. You may have the box in your hands much sooner than that, or you may look at the Apple order status later and see the dates jump around.

5. magius macrumors regular

forget what i said, i mixed up design premium with the master product. after effects is a video effects program to put it simply.

what the guy said above me is most likely more right. i have no idea why the delay, good luck.

6. kymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

kymac

alright. ill just hold tight then. thanks guys!

7. brbubba macrumors 6502

brbubba

No clue why you would order it from Apple. I just ordered CS3 Design Standard Upgrade for the office from newegg and got it in two days! Adobe also offers a download option if you are extra impatient, but I would rather wait the two days and get the official box and media.

8. kymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

kymac

well i bought it from apple because it was only $349. so going elsewhere would never come close to that price.

9. brbubba macrumors 6502

brbubba

Ohhh Student Edition. You could have also walked into your university store or any Apple store and gotten it with the student discount, assuming they keep copies in the Apple Store.

10. kymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

kymac

i tried, but regular student edition is $599. but apple has a thing where you buy a new mac and get CS3 for $349