Why this message at itunes start up?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stephen47, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Stephen47 macrumors newbie

When I start iTunes I get a message saying: "The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes." I have downloaded and reinstalled iTunes and I still get the message. Do I need to uninstall the other CD burning software?

2. celticpride678

What burning software? It is interfering with iTunes.

3. Stephen47 thread starter macrumors newbie

I use Img Burn. It must be because I can't back up my library, but I did burn a CD the other day so maybe not.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

5. reubs macrumors 68000

Looks like it.

6. Stephen47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Since my last post I have uninstalled all my CD burning software, rebooted, downloaded and reinstalled iTunes, rebooted, started iTunes and I am still getting the message.

no suggestions?

7. Stephen47 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tied to do this but when I get to the step that says"Right-click the UpperFilters entry" I can't do this because there is no UpperFilters entry.

8. Stephen47 thread starter macrumors newbie

So is there no fix to this problem? If I get a new computer will I have to buy all those songs again? Thanks Apple this is a great way to help the bottom line.

9. Stephen47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the help. I am not surprised as the arrogance of Apple people continues to astound me.

10. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Help was offered. Did you not read?

These links worked for me when I had that problem with one of my Windows machines.

Talk about arrogance... :rolleyes:

11. Stephen47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I read it and replied to it post #9: I tied to do this but when I get to the step that says"Right-click the UpperFilters entry" I can't do this because there is no UpperFilters entry.
    Did you not read?

12. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

No, just copy them to a drive onto another computer. Then somewhere in iTunes prefs there is an option to Deauthorize all computers and you will still have your "5" (before you auth the new one).

Also, Apple is really, really, generous in reguards to this. I have called 3 times (for various reasons) one being my HDD failed and they activate your "download que" which gives you everything you've ever downloaded avail for download. (and I mean EVERYTHING, every app I've ever downloaded, songs, vids, tv shows, music vids, etc) which is kind of annoying bc you have to pause everything and go through and cancel the download for allll thooosee appppps....but still, they are quite lenient.

13. TranceNW macrumors regular

You are not going to receive much help with an attitude like yours :rolleyes:

14. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

You're using Windows, so do what PCs do best and reinstall your operating system. :p

15. Stephen47 thread starter macrumors newbie

As a matter of fact I have reinstalled the OS. I installed the latest version of iTunes. All my iTunes songs are where iTunes puts them and I have authorized the computer but iTunes doesn't find them.