why upgrade beyond 1.1.1?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by boydigital, Jan 19, 2008.

1. boydigital macrumors newbie

I've jailbroken and I love it. I realize there are ways to jailbreak with firmware 1.1.2, but why bother?

I'm at 1.1.1 and I love my iPod. Is it worth the effort to try and upgrade it to 1.1.2?

Someone please elaborate on the different firmwares. TY

:cool:

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

1.1.2 adds the "Add event" function in the calendar, and fixes various bugs including one that displayed the wrong tracks under "25 Most Played".

1.1.3 changes the look of the dock, and adds the new applications, lyrics and the ability to customize the homescreen (however, a $20 "upgrade" has to be purchased for everything except the dock to be enabled).

3. jacktiernan macrumors regular

IMO, there's really no reason to, unless you REALLY want the new google maps features or wobbly icon rearrangment tool.

That said, I did upgrade to jailbroken 1.1.2, because people were reporting increased stability and snappinessof the interface, which i have noticed too.

I think 1.1.3 would be good, but not worth it to lose 3rd party apps - not to mention that 1.1.4 will prob be released in Feb when the SDK comes out.

My advice - if your happy with you ipod, leave it.
    If you can be bothered, upgrade to 1.1.2 and enjoy some minor increases in stability.

Cheers :)

4. boydigital thread starter macrumors newbie

5. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I believe, before I bought the $20 upgrade (which is amazing btw! - and WELL worth the £20, just for notes and mail), and was on 1.1.3 (the free version - only changes are iPhone dock) there was a noticeable difference in stability of animations and general operation of the iPod OS. With the application pack installed, stability seems to have increased again, especially on animations when closing a video window (on youtube) etc. 1.1.3 is better for stability of OS than 1.1.2, in my opinion.

R-Fly