iPhone Why use Clear instead of Reminders?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by pmontanarella, Feb 9, 2013.

1. pmontanarella macrumors 6502

Hi all,
    About a month ago I bought the To-Do app Clear. I love the UI but I don't understand how to have it replace reminders. Clear will give me less functionality than reminders (no time, or location based, alerts), yet I see many people use it and replaced their reminder app. Or maybe they use both? I just don't understand why... Am I missing something??

Thanks,
    Pietro

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

Some people just want simple and Clear is just that. For me, it honestly wasn't my cup of tea. I switch between AnyDo and Priorities for sub-tasks and such. You actually might like AnyDo - it has a similar interface to Clear, but with more features.

3. sohaloh macrumors regular

Try task, UI is exactly like clear but with reminders type functionality. Watch a couple of reviews and YouTube and if you like it you can buy it. I got it free, it goes free now and then you can look for it in appshopper.

4. Liberty. macrumors 6502

I don't think you should even try to compare Clear and Reminders. Apart from the mentioned Task-app I can recommend Due.

5. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I don't use either of those. I like Any.DO for simple to-do lists. I don't like the way clear looks. Reminders is not bad, but I prefer the look and operation of the Any.DO app. It's simple, clean, has good predictive typing and I like the different sections you can place an item into (Today, Tomorrow, Upcoming, Someday).

6. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I use reminders mainly because it is compatible with Siri and Siri is used to set up most of my timers, reminders and calendar events.

7. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Check out 2do, it syncs with reminders, I tell Siri what I need reminded of and it goes in 2do where you can customize it in all kinds of ways