Why wait on new model?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FloridaMac, Dec 15, 2008.

  1. FloridaMac macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2008
    Location:
    Destin, Fl
    #1
    What will the new version have that the current one doesn't? Does anyone know specifics? I've read on here on several threads telling everyone to wait a few weeks for the new one. I'm about ready to buy one so I was just curious.
     
  2. drichards macrumors 6502a

    drichards

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2008
    #2
    If you wait the two and a half weeks, you'll be sure to have the new hotness. If you buy an iMac/MacMini/MacPro/17inMBP/:apple:tv today, you'll have the tried and true. I was gonna say the old n busted, but its not. Aside from the Mini anyway. Its seen younger days.

    If you want to buy a Macbook, 15inMBP, or Macbook Air, go right ahead.
     
  3. FloridaMac thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2008
    Location:
    Destin, Fl
    #3
    Sorry, I didn't mean to post the same thread twice
     
  4. FloridaMac thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2008
    Location:
    Destin, Fl
  5. brop52 macrumors 68000

    brop52

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2007
    Location:
    Michigan
    #6
    You still didn't answer the question. A new version of what? iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro?
     
  6. FloridaMac thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2008
    Location:
    Destin, Fl
    #7
    Sorry...I've had a long day. I'm talking about an imac.
     
  7. brop52 macrumors 68000

    brop52

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2007
    Location:
    Michigan
    #8
    I'd highly recommend waiting. Do you need it now? If not, you'll get a better deal when they come out.
     
  8. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

    theMaccer

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2006
    Location:
    SoCal
  9. iMacmatician macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    #10
    Many things are quite far up in the air at this point. Reasonable guesses include a CPU speed bump, new chipset (NVIDIA), and new GPUs (NVIDIA 9-series). A rumor not long ago claims that Apple may be releasing quad-core iMacs at MWSF.

    No.

    Keep in mind that if you choose to wait until January for a new model, you may end up waiting longer. Besides the above rumor, there are no rumors on a MWSF update, or for that matter, any date. So it may be that the update will come in Feb/March.
     
  10. FloridaMac thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2008
    Location:
    Destin, Fl
    #11
    Good stuff...thanks for the help!
     

Share This Page