Why wait?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iRooney, Mar 20, 2012.

1. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

So I just walked into my local best buy and picked up a new iPad. Why are people waiting 3 weeks for shipping when you can just buy locally? Or is my town not like others?

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Probably because they preordered it right when the shipping slipped. This was before the release date so they didn't know the stores would have them in stock.

3. veryberry macrumors newbie

I'm asking myself exactly the same question :(:(:(:( Mine is still not in my hands..

4. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I was wondering the same thing myself. The stores in my area seem to have stock. Buy local and cancel online order if you're happy with it.

5. tips macrumors member

Other advantages are in stores like bhphotovideo, no tax to ship CA , free shipping, no recycling.Its as good as getting 10%off on new item.

6. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Yeah, I ordered Friday afternoon from BH and it shipped late Sunday night, delivers Thursday. A small price to pay for saving 8.6% in local sales tax.

7. lcseds macrumors 6502a

I got in on the early preorder expecting a shortage after launch. Bought a 32 GB. After I got it, I realized I wanted the 64GB. Instead of going back to Apple, I went to B&H. Since I saved the tax, the upgrade was $60 for double the capacity. And it was in stock and shipped right out. No way I'd still be waiting for one from Apple not to mention the tax.

8. seeharrison macrumors regular

seeharrison

I tried to order from B&H on Monday and they were out of stock. I called J&R, they had stock and I'll receive it Friday. I'm getting mine a week after launch, but I saved 9%.

9. illini71 macrumors member

The WiFi 16's are all out in my area, but we have plenty 4G iPads to had. I walked into walmart and bought one.

10. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You still owe what is called use tax in California. I'm not sure whether it's enforced on small amounts. I doubt it. If we were talking about purchases in the five figure and up range, they might actually notice.

11. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

In stock in a lot of places in my city.. Jax, Florida.. Lots of people, but we have a ton of locations that sell the iPad.